Great new website

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

greg phillips
Seasprite 34 "Sarah".
Brooklin, Maine

Great new website

Post by greg phillips »

Those of you who follow the writings and work of some of Wooden Boat magazine's most respected contributors might enjoy this site.It offers alot of educational content with video and text covering all aspects of boats and seamanship. I am told that future
content will include fiberglass. If you're a fan of Ben Mendlowitz, Maynard Bray, Bill Mayher et al check it out. There is a subscription for viewing all of it. I have no affliation with the site other than being a member myself. WWW.offcenterharbor.com
jbenagh
Salem, MA

shameless self-promotion

Post by jbenagh »

I don't really have any affiliation with the site either, except that my son stars in one of the "Getting Kids Started in Boats". We took a kayak class at Wooden Boat School when Maynard Bray and Steve made one of the videos for this. The free preview is here http://www.offcenterharbor.com/video/?i ... 5nLTEubXA0

And ditto what Greg said, the content is excellent. I got to see early versions of some of the video. Lots of traditional boats, big and small.

Jeff
greg phillips
Seasprite 34 "Sarah".
Brooklin, Maine

Kayak and CD30

Post by greg phillips »

Jeff, Do you intend to tow or put your kayak on deck of your CD30? Looks like a fun way to explore from an anchorage if you could manage to bring one or two with you.

Greg Phillips
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

We haven't sailed with the kayak yet. If we do, I will probably tow it in the hard dinghy we use. The Wood Duck kayak that we built is a little bulky so I'm not sure it would fit on the side deck of the CD30.

We might try it this spring while we have a slip and can easily maneuver it on deck.

Jeff
greg phillips
Seasprite 34 "Sarah".
Brooklin, Maine

Got me thinking

Post by greg phillips »

Jeff, Thanks for getting me thinking about kayaks and cruising. I like the idea of putting it in your hard dingy. That might guide my choice of which to build. Like your 33', my sidedecks are tight. I'm considering the same one your son worked on or the Fox that is mentioned in the site.
I'll repeat my standing offer to CDer's in case you haven't read it. If you're in Brooklin and need anything don't hesitate to get in touch. I'm in Center Harbor and usually know of an empty mooring.

Greg Phillips