Looking to rent a trailer for a Cape Dory 25' South Florida

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

myhobosoul

Looking to rent a trailer for a Cape Dory 25' South Florida

Post by myhobosoul »

Hello all,

I am looking to buy a cape Dory 25 that is in the Tampa Bay area, but I live in Miami. I would love to sail it back, but unfortunately I can't get the time off.

I was wondering if anyone had a trailer that I could rent to go pick up the boat I am looking at. Or if someone can suggest another reasonably priced way of getting the boat from Tampa to Miami.

Haven't bought that boat yet, so if anyone is looking to sell a Cape Dory Typhoon Senior, 22' or 25' on the east coast of Florida I would be interested!
sealark
"Sea Lark"

PM

Post by sealark »

Sent you a PM
billc

Post by billc »

hopefully you're buying that very nice cd25 that's been listed awhile. regarding your post i was pm'd regarding by someone in miami who has a rental trailer when i was looking for one. i ended up buying one from sail trailers in columbus ga. sorry the boats still on it. personally i would sail it to the keys, enjoy it for a couple months then up to miami. you can sail from bay area to keys over a long weekend.
GLutzow

Post by GLutzow »

The Dry Tortugas are a reasonable sail from Tampa. We go there regularly from Sarasota on my CD25. It's far enough that you get to experience standing watches and the like. We have gone in groups, we sailed alone and we have raced in a regatta from Sarasota to Key West and then off on our own to the Tortugas. It's fun anyway you look at it. Be aware that you need to approach from the south. Spend a couple of days there and then off to Key West which is just a short sail.
Greg Lutzow
Nokomis, FL

CD25
"Beau Soleil"
sailing off a mooring in Sarasota Bay

With nothin' but stillness as far as you please
An' the silly mirage stringin' islands an' seas.