Confederacy of Dunces dinner #2! (Kaplan,Brey,Heintz et al)

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

Confederacy of Dunces dinner #2! (Kaplan,Brey,Heintz et al)

Post by henry hey »

Here is a photo from the second 'confederacy of dunces' dinner.

This dinner was held last night (Mar 4, 2011) at Artisinal in NYC and in attendance were:

(from the left side of the photo - clockwise)

Warren Kaplan
Yves Feder
Gary Miller
James McKean
Michael Heintz
Carter Brey
Henry Hey -
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

A GREAT TIME was had by all. And, we were behaved enough that they didn't throw us out!!
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Warren Kaplan wrote:A GREAT TIME was had by all. And, we were behaved enough that they didn't throw us out!!
Nice to hear and sorry to hear.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
drysuit2
Location: Segue, 1985 Cape Dory 26 Hull # 15 Port Washington NY

Post by drysuit2 »

Bummed I missed it.
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Bruce is bummed he missed it too.

-Cathy
Dean Abramson

La Dee Da

Post by Dean Abramson »

Nothing against Newick's in Hew Hampshire, but...

That place looks pretty swank! Are you guys all Admirals? Where the hell is the beer?
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Re: La Dee Da

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Dean Abramson wrote:Nothing against Newick's in Hew Hampshire, but...

That place looks pretty swank! Are you guys all Admirals? Where the hell is the beer?
Where's all the beer! Dean asks. By the time this photo was taken all the brew was, shall we say, "internalized!"

That photo was taken somewhere around 7:30PM after we just sat down for dinner. But we met at the restaurant bar at 6:30PM to get the party started. We're pretty fast starters. If memory serves, there were many beers, a few Jim Beams, and definitely some single malt scotch!

The restaurant is pretty low key and it was very good. Wouldn't have made a difference anyway. Food wasn't our primary purpose. It was just getting together to laugh, and laugh some more. Worked out perfectly and mission accomplished!!
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
gates_cliff

Post by gates_cliff »

I only wonder why I wasn't immediately included. My wife frequently declares I am a dunce and that is when she's not mad at me, otherwise the description is a lot more colorful.

It does look like a good time.