Updated photos of '84 CD25D refit. Houston, TX

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

yachtbroker

Updated photos of '84 CD25D refit. Houston, TX

Post by yachtbroker »

We are getting near the end of the refit with the mast, deck and hull now nearly all painted. Just have to finish the exterior wood, reinstall hardware, the new instruments and get it back together.
We are also leaving the Stanchions and pulpits off for a cleaner look. Send any questions or comments.

http://picasaweb.google.com/KentLittleY ... tsAndRefit#

Kent Little
Kent Little
timsparrow

Strong work!

Post by timsparrow »

You're doing a beautiful job, and I know the boat is worth it. I owned a Pearson Ariel some years ago and I can see the family resemblance, but I think Alberg outdid himself with the 25D. Looking forward to seeing her in motion.
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Wow!

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Wow, the finished product looks fantastic!
Troy Scott

CD25D refit details

Post by Troy Scott »

Kent Little,

I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing the photos of your CD25 refit. I'm into a major refit of my CD36. May I know the colors of the topsides, deck and non-skid? How did you apply the paint?
Regards,
Troy Scott
yachtbroker

paint schemes

Post by yachtbroker »

The paint on the boat is all awlgrip and professionally sprayed by
Alfredo Duran at Cosmetic Boat Repair in Kemah Tx 281-793-2871.
Color wise.
Hull
Alwgrip Flag blue (G5002) 4 coats with NO clear coat
Gold Imron Cove stripe
Dual Alwgrip Off White Revistied (G8009) dual boot stripe

Deck -four coats
Alwgrip Off White Revistied (G8009) deck
G1001 Awlgrip Light Great (G1001) non skid

Mast
4 coats of primer
4 coats Awlcraft San Mateo Wheat (F9014) with
Alwgrip Off White Revistied (G8009) mast tip and spreaders

All of the work was done inside while on the trailer. The boat is technically done but we decided to put in marine a/c. (yes I know that is crazy but it's very hot in TX). The unit will be installed at the back of the qtr berth and we plan on making the forward section into some storage. The berth is pretty worthless (IMHO)anyway.

So after that and the electronics are done, we're about ready to splash.
I'll keep the photos on the site updated as it progresses. Thanks for the interest
Kent Little
Troy Scott

air conditioning is NOT crazy

Post by Troy Scott »

Kent,

Thanks for the colors information.

The air-conditioning is NOT crazy. If the boat is more comfortable you will use it more.
Regards,
Troy Scott
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Air conditioner

Post by trapper »

We love the air conditioner/heat on our 25D here in sunny South Carolina. It is located in the head on the port side ledge. It is encased in a teak box. I will have to get pics. The vent and control is in the cabin:

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb14 ... C02412.jpg

The pump and through hull are located in the engine room with the thru hull near the galley sink thru hull. The wiring runs in port headliner and
the water pipes run through the port locker. The condensation goes into the head sump which goes into the bilge.

The water outlet is on the port side the engine water out let is on the starboard side.

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb14 ... 0456-1.jpg

We are able to sail, at least for a short time, on the hottest of days. We get the cabin cool then take off. When it gets hot again (a couple hours) we come back to the dock and shore power.

We use the heat from the marine air/heat when we are onboard in the winter. However, when we leave, we always close all cabin thru hulls so we leave a small ceramic heater on low to prevent freezing.

We love the unit. I would not be without one.

I would like to see pics of the unit mounted in the 1/4 berth. I agree that the 1/4 berth is pretty useless.
gates_cliff

Post by gates_cliff »

Wow! What a great job. Your color scheme is exactly what I'd like to do with my 27'. However, I'm just barely getting some of the teak sanded and refinished. both inspiring and humbling!
jbsails
"Sumiko" Edgewater, Fl.

'84 CD 25D refit update....

Post by jbsails »

Ahoy Kent Little,

You have really done an excellent job, I am currently doing my CD 25D and I know all the work that you have done to say the least. Your CD is absolutely beautiful.

I notice that you now working on the mast and I’m not sure but you might have already thought of this. You can drill a hole in the mast base plate and from the inside tunnel a hole over from where it comes through the deck and have the mast wiring inside the mast. It eliminates have the wiring on the outside, you just leave the wiring a little long and connect before you step the mast.

Thank you for your update I really enjoy your pictures.
Fair Winds,
John
yachtbroker

The refitted 25D hit the water yesterday. Rig is up etc

Post by yachtbroker »

Kent Little
Bob Ohler

She's Beautiful!

Post by Bob Ohler »

Kent, I had CD25D #2. Your 25D is amazing! I do miss the anchor well that I had on the 25D.

I must ask... how much do you have invetsted in the re-fit?

Thanks,

rbo
Bob Ohler
CDSOA Member #188
CD30B, Hull # 335
sv Aloha Spirit