Teak Board

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Scott B.

Teak Board

Post by Scott B. »

looking in eastern Massachusetts/Rhode Island area for one scrap teak plank for cabin boards. 3/4-in thick, 10-in wide, 7 ft long. Good or poor condition ok
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

Pretty funny one! Scrap and teak plank never appear in the same sentence unless it is to state that no scrap was wasted.

If you do turn up an old pile of long, wide, teak boards and all you need it that one, please let me know.

You could give General Woodcraft a call in New London, CT to get a price but make absolutely sure you are sitting down, Steve.
Kquist
1981 CD 30c
Hull # 194
East Greenwich, RI
CD 10, Hull #100 to be restored

St. Angelo in Tiverton, RI

Post by Kquist »

We bought a long piece of teak at St. Angelo in Tiverton, RI. They have long lengths.

Another thought... try the Marine Consignment shop in Wickford, RI. They have lots of teak and may also have something you could salvage...
Kelle & Walt Quist
Rowe, MA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails."
Mark Twain
Duncan Maio

Post by Duncan Maio »

I have some 5/4 x 6, but I haven't seen any 10" wide stock in a while. St. Angelo is your best bet, or maybe Boulter Plywood in Somerville, MA.
Duncan Maio
s/v Remedy
CD27 #37
Bristol, RI
Jeff D

St. Angelos

Post by Jeff D »

I've had really good luck with St. Angelo's. They have a mountain of teak of almost any dimension you need. The scrap that you are seeking is likely to cost $150. Given the labor required in most woodworking projects and their expected lifetime I think this is a justified expense.
Ron M.

Post by Ron M. »

You can also try 'The Woodsmith' in Falmouth, Ma. I have purchased from them numerous times over the years. They have a good supply and competative cost.
________
Easy vape