CD 25 for sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Skip

CD 25 for sale

Post by Skip »

I must sell my CD25. She was torn up in hurricane Frances; flooded but not sunk, dismasted and beaten up some. I have held on to her all this time in hopes of repairing her but due to the present condition of our finances I must liquidate anything I can.
She is basically sound although her interior is a mess. She wasn't holed although she laid up alongside a concrete dock for half the storm. She has bronze portholes. Her motor, a 4-stroke Yamaha started right up and after bailing her out I ran her back to what was left of my dock in the marina. I replaced the original ridiculous junk motor brackets with stainless steel with backing plates and access hatches to install them.

It will take considerable work to restore her.

She comes with brand new mast and boom tubes and all the hardware: masthead fitting, gooseneck, spreaders and outhaul cap, etc. The sail inventory includes two genoas for roller furling and a main; all in serviceable condition. One genoa is fairly new.

Her deck has one soft spot under the starboard after stay and ALL of her backing plates must be replaced to make her safe.

The trailer is a converted outboard trailer with screw jacks and a bow support. The keel is supported by a 2 x 8 in an 8â€