Excellent 1985 CD 26 for sale.

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
WaywardWind

Excellent 1985 CD 26 for sale.

Post by WaywardWind »

A friend needs to sell a CD 26. Excellent sails, superb dodger and sail cover, Honda 15 hp engine, roller furling, two burner Origo stove, head with holding tank, cushions in fine condition, VHF, depth sounder, built in cooler, Fortress anchor, kerosene "miner's" lamp for mood, of course bronze portholes, and much more. Boat is in unusually good condition. Drop it in the water and be sailing this weekend. He is looking for $8,500, but will entertain higher offers if you are so inclined (grin). If you know someone who would appreciate a fine CD 26, drop me a note. The boat will go up on Craigslist list end of the week if not sold first.
WaywardWind

Boat location

Post by WaywardWind »

The boat is in Western Long Island Sound, on City Island, the northeast corner of New York City. City Island is where America's Cup boats were up until the early 1980's. A mooring can be available on City Island. Or the boat can be sailed to points east on The Sound and then north, or motored down the East River and out New York Harbor and sailed to points south. If you need crew, I might be available to help you sail the boat to your home port.
henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

Boat name?

Post by henry hey »

What is the name on this boat?

-h
doug rand

Post by doug rand »

Can you tell me how to see this boat?
I am nearby, in New Rochelle.
Thank you, Doug Rand, 914-654-0824
Doug Rand
New Rochelle, NY
914-714-5211
henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

This CD26

Post by henry hey »

This boat is at Barron's Boat yard on City Island.

The boat's current name is Althea, and I fear that something must have happened to the original owner. He's been out of contact for a good while now. I believe that the boat is being sold by John Barron (the yard owner). John is a good guy and runs a reputable yard there. I kept my CD25 in that yard until I sold it this spring and Carter Brey keeps his boat there.

I can say that I saw the owner doing a good amount of work on the boat over the last year and she appears to be in nice shape now. I believe that the canvaswork is relatively recent.

-henry
BillNH

Good price!

Post by BillNH »

If this boat is really in sailaway condition then its a deal at that price... the two CD 26s listed through brokers are priced at $22.5 and $23.9. That's higher than they'll sell for, but $8500 is probably in the ballpark of 60% of what it's worth.

Any Ty or CD22 sailors looking to move up?
Last edited by BillNH on Jul 11th, '09, 05:38, edited 1 time in total.
henry hey

22k?

Post by henry hey »

I can't imagine that a CD26 (outboard) is worth more than 10-15k in anything but the best market.

henry
BillNH

Post by BillNH »

I agree, I don't think either of those brokered boats will sell for close to their asking prices. But I do think that $8500 is well below market for a CD 26 in sailaway condition...
Last edited by BillNH on Jul 10th, '09, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
henry hey

the price

Post by henry hey »

I think that mid teens is more appropriate for an inboard boat (like your 26D) whereas this is an outboard engine boat.

h