CD 28 Holding Tank

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Bob Condon

Hold tank

Post by Bob Condon »

John,

I went a different solution which may be better and cheaper.

I own a Cape Dory Intrepid 28'

1. I designed and had fabricated a 24 gal tank from a company in Rhode Island, that fit under one of the births. The birth is on the same side as the head,
From the head to ( I used the really good no stink hose ) the tank.

Output side of the tank is a two way valve which 1> goes to a hand pump which connects to a through hull cock and overboard
and 2> to a deck fill/outboard cap.

The tank is custom of Poly with a 4" cover on top and one inlet and one outlet.

The tank conforms "almost" to the shape of the hull under the birth so we maximized out capacity. I use the pine scent green deoderizer in the tank and never had an odor problem in 5 years.

I can look up the company name but the tank was around $300..

I am VERY pleased... Install required taking the birth apart which was not one of my favorite days but it worked...

I cut a hole in the bottom of the birth birth and used the cutout as a cover so I can get to the tank cover for inspection.

Bob Condon
Bob Condon
Shipscarver
"SOUL MATE"

Head Quarters

Post by Shipscarver »

The water tank beneith the port seatee on my 27 was removed and a drop in place, "plastic" tank for black water installed aft of the seacock It is easy to service, but does eat up storage space and drinking water capacity.
Shipscarver
Sailing the Florida Gulf