New England Boat Show

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Big E
Salem, MA

New England Boat Show

Post by Big E »

I'm headed there tomorrow. Is anybody else going? Has anyone gone yet? If so, is there anything especially interesting to look for?
I'll be easy to spot--just look for the fat guy with a beard. (Which constitutes approx. 50% of the crowd. :D ) I'll be donning a Cape Dory cap. Maybe I'll see ya there.
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

We went yesterday. It's pretty much the same show as always... maybe a bit smaller and quieter than it's been. It's still a good boat fix for me.

I didn't have anything specific in mind; just wanted to walk the show and see what was there. I stopped by Sea Tow, took the safety quiz and got a free t-shirt, renewed my membership and got some free coupons.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

I'll be going, possibly on Tuesday

Post by Joe Myerson »

I go every year. The NEBS is one of the few remaining advertisers in our magazine (Northeast Boating), and I always like to check out the latest in products and boats.

I'll probably go on Tuesday.

BTW, I don't think I'm talking out of school when I say that a lot of exhibitors pulled out at the last minute, and others simply didn't bother to rent space at all, because of the economic situation.

For those who depend on new-boat dealers for revenue, it's a pretty grim time. But for those of us who like older, used boats, this could be a time of opportunity.

I haven't decided which category I fall into.

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

Its pretty much NOT the same show

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

Yes, it has boats and the other stuff, but its only HALF the size as the past two years. The show only filled half the BCEC. Bummer, what a letdown.