CD28 Tank Questions; Holding and Water

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

BubbaThePirate

CD28 Tank Questions; Holding and Water

Post by BubbaThePirate »

I have a 1975 CD28, #53. I have a couple questions regarding tankage.

In A Mist was built pre-holding tank requirement. I have removed the retrofit composting holding tank [very small] and am searching for a place to put a holding tank. She has the ~24 gallon fresh water tank in the V-berth. The Ronco tank, B-486, will not fit under the Vberth with the water tank there.

Have any pre-1979 CD28 owners placed a H-tank somewhere creative?

Anyone remove the F-water tank, put H-tank there and relocate the water?

The Vberth is one place where the holding tank would be below the head. Is this worth the extra effort to switch things around?

Thanks for your help.

TrT
~~~
Todd Townsend
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Eat When You're Hungry
Work When You're Broke
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member #1005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ron Churgin

Post by Ron Churgin »

Todd,

I cannot be of any help regarding your tankage question, but I love the name of your boat! Is it a Bix Beiderbecke reference?

We also have a CD named Stolen Moments.

Jazz and sailing, what else is there?
Ron Churgin
BubbaThePirate

Bix!

Post by BubbaThePirate »

I am glad you caught the reference but it isn't mine, it is the PO's.

I might have told this story already, but it is spooky.

I found and bought the boat last March. After the purchase, I began to research what the name might mean. Also, I had bought the boat from a broker, so I was trying to find the PO [found him here on the CD Registry]. Anyway, maybe two months after I bought her, I found the PO. He is/was in a Dixieland Jazz Band, the New Reformation Band out of the Saginaw, MI area. It had to be a Bix reference!

It was then when I realized that, as an Usher for the Elkhart Jazz Festival in summer of 2006, I was 20 feet away from the PO! The New Reformation Band played there several years in a row. They are great!

TrT
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Eat When You're Hungry
Work When You're Broke
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member #1005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ldybg
CD 28 #125
Raritan YC, NJ

CD 28 holding tank

Post by Ldybg »

Todd,

FWIW- my '77 CD28 (#125) came to me with the v-berth water tank and a water tank under each settee and a flexible holding tank under the small "seat" in the v-berth.

Dennis
Rebinva

We put ours, 13 gal, in the hanging locker

Post by Rebinva »

The PO had put a 3 gallon bucket in there as the holding tank, so the hoses were set up for it. It is not ideal, but leaves the under settee for storage and the under v berth for water.