From Ty to the Pacific Cup

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Serge Zimberoff
"Cloning Around"
Lake Sonoma, CA

From Ty to the Pacific Cup

Post by Serge Zimberoff »

Just a notice...written by the proud papa...though not sure I had all that much to do with it although she found sailing because her dad loves it so.
My daughter secured a berth as crew for the Pacific Cup on 'J World', a J 120 in Division D. Her boat leaves San Francisco this Wed, 7/16, for an estimated 13 day race to Hawaii. She has been crewing on J boat races on San Francisco bay every weekend she can get a ride; works out at the gym some 5 days a week; has been known to bicycle 12 miles to and from work etc. Definitely ready!
Just goes to show that you never know how seriously the sailing bug can bite till you see the bite marks!

A site where interested parties can track the saga:

http://trackinfo.fistracking.com/PC2008 ... ctionA.swf

Serge
Last edited by Serge Zimberoff on Jul 17th, '08, 15:27, edited 2 times in total.
seajunkie

Post by seajunkie »

Congratulations to the proud Papa!

My kids are very young 2 and 4. I'm hoping that they will take an interest in sailing. I began exposing them to sailing with a gentle hand. We joined a local sailing club and they get to play on the beach and watch the races from afar until they are six years old.

Hopefully my kids choose to sail. Dad can staff a race committee boat instead of finding himself crouched down behind home plate with a silly chest protector on as the other dads chant obscenities over of poor play call. How would I explain to these fathers that I was day dreaming about a warm breeze and cool ocean spray while their kid struck out (and no pitches were thrown? :oops: )

I'm looking forward to following your daughter’s race. You had more to do with her success then you disclose here :wink: