Hello from Maine to the Carolina Fleet

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Scott MacCready
Location: Previous Owner of CD30-ketch, CD26 #29, and CD25 #635 Hulls Cove,ME

Hello from Maine to the Carolina Fleet

Post by Scott MacCready »

Hi Guys, It's been a long winter up here in Maine but the sun is finally shining and it's starting to warm up a bit. I had the oportunity to go out for a daysail on a friends Halberg-Rassey 31' yesterday. It was a great sail, doing 7-8 knots from around Hancock Point and Bar Harbor. The only other boat on the water was a Typhoon that headed into Sorento. I never was able to see a name on the transom. Anyway, it got me thinking of all of you down there and just want to say hi. So Hi! Scott
Ron M.

Ahh...........Frenchman's Bay

Post by Ron M. »

Hey Capt. Scott,
What a beautiful area to relocate. I lived in Manset for a couple of years in the early seventies. Used to be a commercial shellfisherman and could fill 7-8 hods on a tide up the Lamoine River. The sailing was terrific but the winters too long.
________
Len Bailey
Last edited by Ron M. on Feb 11th, '11, 05:37, edited 1 time in total.
Parfait's Provider
berthed Whortonsville, NC

Helloooooo Scott

Post by Parfait's Provider »

Scott,

Great to hear from you. Hope things are going well up there down East. It is beginning to get into the high 70s, low 80s around here, but it has been cooler the past few days.

Let us know if you are coming this way and we'll have a party.

Ken
Keep on sailing,

Ken Coit, ND7N
CD/36 #84
Parfait
Raleigh, NC
chase

howdy scott

Post by chase »

Glad to hear from you, hope your summer in Maine is great.

My wife now RN working cardiac unit nights, I'm working endless 14's doing corn, hay, cattle, etc. What boat????

Take Care,

Chase
Andy Denmark

Yo, Scott

Post by Andy Denmark »

Glad to hear from you. Hope you're doing okay up in the hinterland. I was talking the other day about our trip from Georgetown in Feather and the fortuitous landing we made in the current at Morehead City with a dying engine. My friend asked if we were lucky or just good? I replied that without either we would not have made it.

So, come down and visit sometime and don't forget your friends here.

Take good care and stay in touch. :D

Cap'n Andy
________
C
Last edited by Andy Denmark on Feb 13th, '11, 03:29, edited 1 time in total.
Pete

Hello!

Post by Pete »

Glad to hear you are well, working, and it sounds like you in a beautiful place. The fleet has missed your "young face", now we are the youngest!

Have a great summer.

Pete