Brand-Xers, Save My Seat!!

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Clay Stalker

Brand-Xers, Save My Seat!!

Post by Clay Stalker »

Brand-Xers, don't give away my seat!! I have just taken ownership of a 1981 Sea Sprite 28, the new "Yankee Lady." She will be arriving in Rhode Island around March 6. Sorry, Leo, I really did look for a Cape Dory this time....but this board is so effective a sales tool that the good ones disappear faster than I can write a check! Anyway, some folks won't even be able to tell the difference.

Clay Stalker
Clay Stalker
Westmoreland, NH and Spofford Lake, NH
Mike
Location: Adagio is an Outbound 44 cruising in the Eastern Caribbean

Post by Mike »

Clay,

I'm keeping your seat warm and welcome back to boat ownership. Hope this intitles me to a sail and a cold one. Any mooring decision yet?
Mike and Merrie
s/v Adagio
http://www.sv-adagio.org
Clay Stalker

Of Course

Post by Clay Stalker »

Mike:

It would be an honor and privilege and to have you and Merrie on Yankee Lady for a sail (and cold one, I usually have one or two extra :wink: ). No decision on location quite yet. Am still hoping to go back to Bristol Marine, but have line up moorings at Dutch Harbor and Norton's Marine in East Greenwich as backups...but have to make a decision in the next week.
Clay Stalker
Mike
Location: Adagio is an Outbound 44 cruising in the Eastern Caribbean

Post by Mike »

Clay,

We accept :D

Nortons...that's where I kept my boat when I lived in RI many years ago. I believe it is still the home of the West Bay Yacht Club of which I was once a member. At the time a fine assembly of sailors who knew not to take themselves to seriously. Let us know what mooring decision you make...the better to find my cold one :wink:
Mike and Merrie
s/v Adagio
http://www.sv-adagio.org
Dean Abramson

Congrats!

Post by Dean Abramson »

Clay, glad to hear you are back in business. Congratulations! Please think about joining up with the Maine cruise this summer. Enjoy.

Dean
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
mahalocd36

Congratulations!

Post by mahalocd36 »

Hope you make it up to Maine this year!
We'll be keeping Mahalo at Handy Boat in Falmouth this year.
Turns out the be roughly the same drive for us as going down to
Buzzard's bay and there's so many places to go in Maine. (Assuming you can see them in the fog ;-)
In theory I have a sabattical coming to me this summer so we
hope to be spending August/sept cruising the coast.
Melissa Abato
www.sailmahalo.com
Carter Brey
City Island, New York

Brand X just got classier

Post by Carter Brey »

Congratulations, Clay. 1st class boat. Hope to see you on the water this summer.

Didn't you miss spending money??

Carter Brey
Sabre 28 MkII #532 "Delphine"
City Island, NY
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

I have to say that this collection of Brand-X sailors are a classy bunch indeed! Cape Dory Alumni tend to be that way!!

Sea Sprites are great boats.....I loved my SS 23 when I had her back in the 1970s.
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Congratulations Clay! Love those Sea Sprites. The 28 is a very pretty Bill Luders design and I'm sure she'll make you happy.

Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

We want pictures.

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

as you put her thru the paces.
Clay Stalker

Techo-Challenged

Post by Clay Stalker »

Mark:

I am somewhat techno-challenged and have never learned how to post pictures on this board....if I ever figure it out, I would be glad to post some pics....I do take a lot of digital photos and put them on the PC (actually, my wife puts them on) but still haven't learned how to post on the board :oops:
Clay Stalker
Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

What, you cant (nicely) ask her???

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

Promise you will let her drive the new boat (once).

Its the whole "picture is worth a thousand thousand words" thing.
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: Techo-Challenged

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Clay Stalker wrote:Mark:

I am somewhat techno-challenged and have never learned how to post pictures on this board....if I ever figure it out, I would be glad to post some pics....I do take a lot of digital photos and put them on the PC (actually, my wife puts them on) but still haven't learned how to post on the board :oops:
Hi Clay,

Once your photos are digital, all you have to do is upload them to either your own web site or to a photo service's web site. If you don't have your own web site, try Photobucket.com (there are lots of others). Photobucket.com is super easy to use. Once your photos have been uploaded to the photo service's web service, you can "point" to them via a "hot link" using the URL of the photo(s). The instructions for that are in the "Stickys" in the "About this Board" forum.

Cathy
CDSOA Webmaster
CD32 Realization, #3
Sailing Soldier

formerly CD 28 #177

Congrats Clay

Post by Sailing Soldier »

Clay,

I keep my CD 28 at a mooring at Norton's. Am happy there. We'll keep an eye out for you this Spring!

John

CD 28 #177
"Liberty"
Dick Barthel

Congrats Clay!

Post by Dick Barthel »

I am truly happy for you. I know how much you love sailing and you have certainly picked a beauty. I think you are only a 1/2 X'er by the way. I can't wait to see her.

Dick