Happy New Year

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Carter Brey
City Island, New York

Happy New Year

Post by Carter Brey »

...and wishes for a great 2007 sailing season to all my friends at the CDSOA.

From the Master, First Mate, Navigator, Cook and Bottle Washer of

Sabre 28 Mk II #532
"Delphine"
City Island, New York
"Where the next thing fouling your prop may be Jimmy Hoffa's necktie"

[img]http://pws.prserv.net/cbrey/delphine.jpg[/img]
Solmar
Robinhood 36
Wolfeboro, NH

Post by Solmar »

good looking S28. We sold our S28 #586 last Aug. what a great boat for us to learn on.
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

.......and to you too Carter my man. If this warm weather continues, I'll be athinkin' of movin' up my launch date to January 15th.....uh....if I can find someone to work the crane!
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

And a Very Happy New Year to you Carter and to all the fine folks that hang out on this board.
Bill Member #250.
Dick Barthel

Happy New Year

Post by Dick Barthel »

Carter,

She's got classic lines and she is very pleasing to the eye. I'm looking forward to seeing you at Unk's in January.

I wish all my friends on our beloved Board a healthy and happy New Year filled with much sailing either locked or free-wheeling as the case may be.

Dick
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Happy New Year

Post by Neil Gordon »

You, too, Carter!!!

We're in January... that just leaves a short Feb. plus a couple of more weeks until the cover comes off.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
tartansailor

Telltales-a-Streaming

Post by tartansailor »

Sail trim looks real good Carter, and may all of the sailors on this fine Board enjoy sailing to their hearts content in 2007.

Dick
Nigel Noble

Good Sail Days

Post by Nigel Noble »

Thanks Carter and I hope every day of 2007 is as good a sailing day as your photo shows for everyone.
Nigel Noble
1976 CD 25 #419 s/v JANE
Clay Stalker

Happy New Year

Post by Clay Stalker »

Hi All:

To all of my friends on this board, I wish you a happy new year!!! So many of you, I cannot begin....Dick B, Warren, Duncan, Mike T. and Merrie, Carter, Peter B., John V., Cathy and Bruce, Diana and Don, Rich and Melissa, Joel S., Stan W., Leo and Ruth, Bob L., Yves F., Joe McP., Joe M., Chris R., Chris S., Bill Okie S., George Van D., Sam and Nancy Y., my Maine friends the Olivers and Dean A., Bob Em., Sue and Dick G., Michael and Nan, and no doubt many others that my post-new years foggy brain has temporarily forgotten....forgive me!!

I am trying my hardest to rejoin your ownership group, but it remains elusive....I will keep looking.

Happy New Year to you all!!

Clay Stalker
Clay Stalker
Westmoreland, NH and Spofford Lake, NH
s-dupuis

Another great shot!

Post by s-dupuis »

I don't know how you manage to get such great pictures of your boat(s) under sail but you do!
Heres wishing you and all on the Cape Dory Board a safe and happy new year.
BTW, I finally finished the oil painting of Mary Ellen. It went to my sister as a Christmas present. I tried to send you a snapshot via email but the address posted on the web site failed. If you are interested in seeing it drop me a line with your new address.

Steve
s/v Setting Star
Carter Brey
City Island, New York

Re: Another great shot!

Post by Carter Brey »

s-dupuis wrote:I don't know how you manage to get such great pictures of your boat(s) under sail but you do!
Heres wishing you and all on the Cape Dory Board a safe and happy new year.
BTW, I finally finished the oil painting of Mary Ellen. It went to my sister as a Christmas present. I tried to send you a snapshot via email but the address posted on the web site failed. If you are interested in seeing it drop me a line with your new address.

Steve
s/v Setting Star
Steve,

That beautiful photograph is by our own Henry Hey, who was sailing his CD25, Homeward Bound, out to Hempstead Harbor as I was returning to City Island this past October. All I managed to give him in return was a lousy snapshot from my Treo 650. My avatar image is also by him, greatly reduced of course.

I would love to have a digital copy of your painting. The address should be good, but ATT Business Internet Services has some sort of size limit on the POP3 server inbox. I was away last week and it could be that my mailbox was full when you tried to send it. Try again, and try reducing its size if it still doesn't work. As a last resort you can try my alternate email, which is carter_brey at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,
Carter
John Vigor

Re: Happy New Year

Post by John Vigor »

Clay Stalker wrote:Hi All:

To all of my friends on this board, I wish you a happy new year!!! So many of you, I cannot begin....Dick B, Warren, Duncan, Mike T. and Merrie, Carter, Peter B., John V., Cathy and Bruce, Diana and Don, Rich and Melissa, Joel S., Stan W., Leo and Ruth, Bob L., Yves F., Joe McP., Joe M., Chris R., Chris S., Bill Okie S., George Van D., Sam and Nancy Y., my Maine friends the Olivers and Dean A., Bob Em., Sue and Dick G., Michael and Nan, and no doubt many others that my post-new years foggy brain has temporarily forgotten....forgive me!!

I am trying my hardest to rejoin your ownership group, but it remains elusive....I will keep looking.

Happy New Year to you all!!

Clay Stalker
Happy New Year to you, too, Clay. I hope 2007 will bring you luck in your search for the right Cape Dory.

Best wishes,

John V.
Judith

Joining the Happy New Year wishes

Post by Judith »

The whole last year (which included my introduction to sailing and boat ownership) has been great! And the support, information, and entertainment afforded by this board has certainly been a part of that.

So, many of us have given the boat a Christmas present, I see. What-all have you promised the boat for the coming year? We've promised Morveren a working transmission (!), a look at the radio antenna (which is why we're gearing up for mast-climbing, wooo-hooo!), and TWO--count them--working sinks and faucets (just about got that covered last weekend).

I wish you all a perfectly splendid 2007.
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores.
The Winter’s Tale. Act iv. Sc. 4.