We went sailing today!!!

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Steve Laume

We went sailing today!!!

Post by Steve Laume »

West winds around 20 MPH and a wee chilly. Sailed with just the yankee, which is a first for me. Tooling around at 5&1/2 to 6 knots. Got to see the seals and huge flocks of Brant. A couple of loons too. Just a cruise around Fishers Island Sound and home again. Boy did that feel good. Two other lobster boats out and about but not a sail to be seen. I feels like I got away with something, Steve.
Judith

That sounds splendid!

Post by Judith »

And like something we would've done. . .if we'd only had a few things fixed. . .

Thank you for the vicarious outing :D
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores.
The Winter’s Tale. Act iv. Sc. 4.
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

I was having lunch overlooking Great South Bay off the south shore of Long Island when a sailboat glided by. The envy welled up almost to the point of anger that I wintered my boat "so soon"!

Then I rationalized that lucky me got to see the beauty of a sailboat going by so late in the season. It put a whole new light on it all!
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Bill Chapple

what a day!

Post by Bill Chapple »

My wife and I were in Stonington having lunch. I looked out over Fishers Island Sound and said "What a day for a sail! I wonder if Steve is out in his boat"....
Dick Barthel

Winter sail

Post by Dick Barthel »

Steve,

If you keep this up maybe you could be the first sailor ever to sail to the Northeast Fleet winter meeting!

It must have been beautiful out there today.

Dick
Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

On the other hand,

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

I hear that Denver, the foothills and areas to the south are getting another snow storm that could drop close to or well over another 12" of snow. And the storm will head out over the plains towards Kansas. If it heads our way in the NE, hope everyone has their boat buttoned up and ready for it.
Bob Luby

Check that policy!

Post by Bob Luby »

Check that insurance policy. mine says I have to be on the hard by December first.

:_(
________
Model designations