It's coming along (my CD25) -- in case anyone wants to see

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

It's coming along (my CD25) -- in case anyone wants to see

Post by henry hey »

Hi,

I've been up there working on my brightwork.

some of you saw this:

http://www.henryhey.com/boatyard.html

And today I posted this:

http://www.henryhey.com/boatyard2.html

I'll also be making my own cushion covers. I already ordered the foam wholesale and will cut it myself. Thank you to all the helpful people on this board and happy holidays.

henry
Judith

Nice,Henry

Post by Judith »

Not only nice boat pix (she's looking NICE! And I'm needing the inspiration as we're gearing up to do neglected brightwork on Morveren)--but a breakfast recommendation as well! Can't do much better than that :)
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores.
The Winter’s Tale. Act iv. Sc. 4.
rhunter
Location: CP 23/3,CP16, Alberg 22,Bayfield 25.CD admirer-looking for right boat

Post by rhunter »

Wonderful pictures!!! They just confirm that the CD25 has the sweetest lines and is just about the prettiest boats ever launched.Pure Classic!. Bob
Carter Brey
City Island, New York

Homeward Bound

Post by Carter Brey »

I just got back from doing some work on Delphine at Barron's Boatyard, and checked to see that Henry's CD25 was safe and secure under her tarp. Indeed she was, just a few paces away.

Great work, Henry.

And... by the way... that's my mast in the exact center of the last photo, with the offset Windex at the masthead. Hart Island and its 700,000 dead buried in the potter's field is in the background.

I love New York.
Dick Barthel

Where's Mary Ellen?

Post by Dick Barthel »

Carter,

Speaking of beautiful 25s, where is Mary Ellen sailing out of these days?

Welcome home.

Dick
Carter Brey
City Island, New York

Re: Where's Mary Ellen?

Post by Carter Brey »

Dick Barthel wrote:Carter,

Speaking of beautiful 25s, where is Mary Ellen sailing out of these days?

Welcome home.

Dick
Hi, Dick,

Mary Ellen now sails out of Tilghman Island, on the Chesapeake, and has been rechristened Glimmer. She found the perfect owner, a knowlegable man with a poetic instinct and appreciation of lovely things. Perhaps he'll introduce himself.

CB
Dick Barthel

Re: Where's Mary Ellen?

Post by Dick Barthel »

Carter Brey wrote: Hi, Dick,

Mary Ellen now sails out of Tilghman Island, on the Chesapeake, and has been rechristened Glimmer. She found the perfect owner, a knowlegable man with a poetic instinct and appreciation of lovely things. Perhaps he'll introduce himself.

CB
Carter,

Dream Weaver spent her first six years in the Chesapeake until migrating north in 1990.

Glimmer's owner is almost certain to introduce himself given John's recent call for some poetry on the board.

Dick