Harding Sails in MA

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Kemah

Harding Sails in MA

Post by Kemah »

Has anyone had sailmaking or roller furling work done by Harding Sails in Marion MA (www.hardingsails.com)?
Ron M.

Post by Ron M. »

I did have them repair my yankee when I first got my boat and they did a fine job on it. From what I have seen and heard about Harding I would not hesitate to do business with them. They may not be the cheapest but will give you good service and the right sail for your needs.
________
Vapor lounge
Last edited by Ron M. on Feb 11th, '11, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Darwin

Sperry Sails?

Post by Steve Darwin »

If you go to Marion to visit Harding's loft, check out Sperry Sails close by. The locals take their business there, and I see their sails all over Buzzards Bay. I bought sails from them five years ago and was very pleased. Nice folks, too. - Steve
Steve Darwin
CD 25D "Arabella"
Fairhaven, Mass
Chris Reinke
Location: CD330 - Innisfail (Gaelic for "A Little Bit Of Heaven on Earth"), Onset, MA

Post by Chris Reinke »

Harding does nice work. I purchased sails from them in the early 80's for my 1969 O'Day. I still own the boat, but it has gotten very little use since I purchased my CD330....but the sails are still in great shape. They were very knowledgable and pleasant to deal with. I would use them again.
Chartley

pleased with harding

Post by Chartley »

Harding made new sails for us in 2000. We've had no complaints.
pmontgomery

Post by pmontgomery »

i had a new mainssail for my cd25 made at harding about five years ago and it still looks like new, no problems at all except one of the grommets on the reefing point at the clew tore free in a 25 knot blow. So i would make sure they beef it up a bit