"Breezy"(25D) looking for tv producer for circumna

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

mike hunter

"Breezy"(25D) looking for tv producer for circumna

Post by mike hunter »

Hi, many of you already know of my solo travels on Breezy my 25D from San Diego to Australia. I recently had the idea that it would make a great and educational show if I were able to get some cameras in the boat. From bad weather, tankers and a violent reefing in Fiji I think it would be an unreal and unique documentary. I know my friends and family have no idea what it's like to sail in the open ocean on my small boat for weeks on end, and I can really only talk to other boaters about my experiences. So I'm asking all the cape dory owners out there that are or may know anyone that is a tv producer or anything along those lines, to contact me with their info and thoughts. I'm an ocean lifeguard for San Diego City and for the last two years Court TV has been filming our job(you may see me in Court tv's "Beach Patrol" next year) and I recently approached one of the producers about my idea. He, obviously not a sailor, blew me off curtly so I'm appealing to the community that realizes how exciting this trip is. I did however run into a production manager for a Travel channel taping and he expressed some interest in the idea. My plans now are to go to Australia in Oct. and surf and travel until April, sail over the top and head to south africa in August (next year). So if anyone is interested in this trip and think a professional documentary would be exciting (and it would), please let me know, and my personal email is mmhunter22@hotmail.com . Thanks for the support. Mike Hunter
rtbates

wonderful idea

Post by rtbates »

Mike:

Good to hear from you. I think you have a very good idea. Unfortunately there's no help that I can give other than positive encouragement. I'd buy the film sight unseen!

best wishes
Randy 25D Seraph #161
Russell

Post by Russell »

Have you considered doing it yourself? like that guy with the Alberg 30 who circumnavigated? Cant recall his name.

Nice to see you post again, was wondering if you were still out there.
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Here's the url

http://www.capehorn.com

Forrest
Forrest Paddock
Houston, TX
Supporting this site through membership in the CDSOA, Inc. Member 420
Tim Mertinooke

Project Bluesphere

Post by Tim Mertinooke »

Here is someone doing something similar to your idea with a westsail 28. http://www.projectbluesphere.com/index.asp
CD26 #52
"Odyssey"
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

How about "Latitudes & Attitudes"?

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

How about "Latitudes & Attitudes"? Yes, the magazine. They also produce a TV show which is currently only shown on satelite TV (The Water Channel, Ch. 216 on the DISH network) but the DVDs are available if you want to see it but don't have satellite TV. Anyway, they may be interested. CLICK HERE for contact info. Try sending an e-mail to Bob Bitchin. It's worth a try.

Or try contacting The Water Channel directly.

Good Luck!