Cape Dory 25 archive CD....

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Didereaux

Cape Dory 25 archive CD....

Post by Didereaux »

Well, heh things are still on the same keel. The ol' laptop is acting cranky sooooo...

I have been gathering pictures, and various files over the past few years of or about the Cape Dory 25. I had intended maybe someday organizing putting all the stuff into some semblance of order, but I think I better just spread the data around in it's present chaotic state rather than risk losing it all. It totals about 150meg.

Here's the deal, I got five copies burnt before ol' Gracie started balking and if anyone wants one of those CDs just PM me your USPS mailing address and I will send it off to you. Then at least down the road if someone else needs that info hopefully one or two of those copies will still exist and more copies made and past along as needed.

Some of the stuff are pictures of all the modifications I could find, as well as ones I made, including the windvane and its mounting. I noticed awhile back that some of the websites that had some of the info have already disappeared into the void.

Anywho, gimme your mailing address and I'll get these off to you.
g'Luk
Didereaux- San Leon, TX
last owner of CD-25 #183 "Spring Gail"
"I do not attempt to make leopards change their spots...after I have skinned them, they are free to grow 'em back or not, as they see fit!" Didereaux 2007
Didereaux

one down 4 to go...

Post by Didereaux »

n/m
Didereaux- San Leon, TX
"I do not attempt to make leopards change their spots...after I have skinned them, they are free to grow 'em back or not, as they see fit!" Didereaux 2007
Didereaux

thats all 5...but

Post by Didereaux »

Thats all five that I have burned. But if I can cobble this sucker up a bit with an external CD writer I'll make more. If not I am pretty certain the five that got these would make a copy or two and pass along as well. They are:

Mike Johnson
Brian Andrews
Vern Campbell
Carl W. Thunberg
Dave Brandt
Didereaux- San Leon, TX
Steve Laume

A pyramid CD-25 CDs

Post by Steve Laume »

If everyone who got one of the original 5 makes 5 copies and on and on there should be more CDs than Cape Dorys before very long. What a great idea. If Didereaux was out sailing you can be sure he never would have gotten those pictures together, Steve.
Mike Johnson

making copies

Post by Mike Johnson »

I will be glad to make copies once I get mine. When I get it, I will let the board know and the copy request can begin.
Carl Thunberg

Passing it on.

Post by Carl Thunberg »

I'll be more than happy to pass on copies. In Dider's PM to me, he said the information is a bit chaotic because he just gathered the information. Not having seen it yet, I don't know how big the job is. I'm pretty good with Adobe. My intent is to take what Didereaux gives me and make a bookmarked PDF document out of it.

Chances are, it will be a winter project. Right now I have my hands full teaching my 11-year old daughter how to single-hand. She's pretty good now, but hasn't really developed the "feel" of the tiller, and all those minor course corrections through waves and gusts that we all make instinctively without thinking about it.

Carl
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Didereaux

they are in the mail....and omigawd!

Post by Didereaux »

All got out on todays burro express.

As for Steves observation...omigawd! Disks are plastic, plastic is petroleum: Do you suppose between the CD-25 CDs and the Chinese that oil will top a $100bbl?

I am so ashamed, I may go find a grocery bag and put it over my head , What ever have I wrought? Gas goes up any higher and I'm getting a GOAT cart.

<chuckle>
Didereaux- San Leon, TX
Carl Thunberg

Archive CDs ready to go

Post by Carl Thunberg »

I finally got around to burning extra copies. Greg, you should be receiving yours in the mail early next week. That leaves five others that are up for grabs on a first come first served basis. Plus the other four people who received them, there should be an ample supply of archive CDs for those who want them. Send me a PM if you want a copy or feel free to contact the others.

Carl
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Dan & Pat
Location: CD 25 #282: "Play it Again Sam" Fort Lauderdale, FL -

More to follow.

Post by Dan & Pat »

Carl,

Just sent a PM - I'll burn a couple dozen and post when they're ready to go.

strike the second paragraph!

Dan

EDIT: Monday 7/24
Per the 'originator' no stipends to Didereaux please...
Last edited by Dan & Pat on Jul 24th, '06, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
Mike Johnson

oops

Post by Mike Johnson »

when i sold my CD 25, I gave the CD to the new owner before burning some. Sorry. My Bad
Didereaux

Dan&Pat...no no no no ;)

Post by Didereaux »

No, those CD's are info, maybe even with a stretch knowledge...that must stay free! Besides grant me the wee pleasure of doing something in return.(not to mention all those others making copies)

;)
Didereaux- San Leon, TX
Dan & Pat

Got the CD (thx Carl!)

Post by Dan & Pat »

Already have a few requests for copies of the Cape Dory 25 CD I got from Carl.

I teach computer science at a local college and have got students that make web pages in HTML and XML. They might be able to dress it up a little bit and they'll get a chance to play tomorrow. Then I'll be banging out copies this week and getting some in the mail to those who PM me their addresses.

(professor :wink: ) Dan
Dan & Pat

bump!

Post by Dan & Pat »

I've got a dozen made up - simple copies was all we could come up with for now. Eliminated some duplicates, and organized folders a little though.

There's some really neat pictures in this CD, and some great ideas for modifications, specifially teak hatch covers over the cabin :!: Very Pretty look!

Three folks so far have sent me addresses, others with CD25's PM me with your addresses and I'll mail them out.

Dan
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Re: Disc For CD 25 = Didereaux

Post by Oswego John »

Dan,
[quote="Dan & Pat"]
There's some really neat pictures in this CD, and some great ideas for modifications, specifially teak hatch covers over the cabin :!: Very Pretty look.

FWIW, many people are not aware that when the first Typhoon Weekenders were produced, they also had teak hatch covers. For that matter, there was prolific use of teak throughout the early Tys.

Fair warning. For those who detest working on woodwork and bringing it back to original condition, *DONT* even think about owning an early TY. But for the others who enjoy and appreciate the warm, rich look of well cared for teak in all it's glory, the fruit of the labor of your love of your boat, perhaps an oldie but goodie early Ty is just what the doctor ordered for you.

The early Tys have three times as much teak as the later ones.

To each, his own.

O J
Dan & Pat

Any other takers?

Post by Dan & Pat »

I've been able to squeeze the contents onto 'pocket CD' size, which is small enough to fit in a standard envelope with a cardboard liner. That means only $.39 stamp and another $.25 for the disks (I buy hundreds at a time).

So far I've sent out 10 of these to folks who've PM'd or e-mailed me with their snail mail addresses. If anyone else would like a copy I'll keep the offer open. They're packed with some neat pictures and links to web sites.

Dan