Green Eyed Lady in the water--first time out yesterday!

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

gsd46

Green Eyed Lady in the water--first time out yesterday!

Post by gsd46 »

Last week we trailer launched our CD 25, 1974, #76 at our club here in Mobile. We raised the mast and launched her at high tide, around 11:00 PM. Yesterday we took her out for a little shake down in Mobile Bay, actually this was our first time out with her. Despite the furler jamming and the brand new radar not working it was a wonderful ride!!! After two years of reworking her, it was worth the effort. We have had many compliments so far about how beautiful she looks and our little cruise yesterday confirms in our minds that we have a wonderful little boat. What a cool sailboat! Glad we did it! Garrette and Frieda Dylewski, Mobile Alabama
tartansailor

Congratulations

Post by tartansailor »

And good fortune.
Yes, CD25s' are cool!
Dick
Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Carter Brey
City Island, New York

CD25 launch

Post by Carter Brey »

Garette and Frieda,

Congratulations to you.

It really is a cool sailboat; in just the right wind, on just the right point of sail, you'll find you can blow past certain bigger boats. And then of course there's the way she looks when you've buttoned her up after a day sail and you're hitching a ride back to the dock. Delicious! Or as my daughter (who was 10 at the time) said, the first time she saw my 25, quaint.
Will Wheatley
On Mill Creek in Annnapolis, MD

All Good

Post by Will Wheatley »

Joy of your vessel to you. It is nice to hear about another 25 getting a refit and moving into its next phase of pleasure bringing life. May you sail her often

Happy Sailoring~~~~/)~~~~
Will Wheatley, CDSOA
Sailing The Bay near Chesapeake Beach, MD
greg phillips
Seasprite 34 "Sarah".
Brooklin, Maine

Post by greg phillips »

Frieda and Garrette, Can you post some pictures of your "new" boat? I think its wonderful to hear the Cape Dory fleet that sails the Mobile area is growing. I hope not too many were lost in last year's hurricanes. Quite a few Cape Dories were sold in Fairhope by Turner Marine. I owned a CD25, ex-Linda Lou, that was sold new in Fairhope. I sailed from Orange Beach for 10+ years in her.
Sounds like you have her ready in time for the Dauphin Island race. About 10 years ago I raced Linda Lou in Portsmouth Non-Spinnaker there and was sailing against about 120 boats. We beat them all on corrected time. It was quite a shocker for the CD25 to have won. I was not a good racer but the boat sails her rating very well. Just some words of encouragement should you try it. The most fun was all the other Cape Dories that were racing too.

Good Luck, Greg Phillips
Last edited by greg phillips on Feb 9th, '06, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
oldragbaggers

Great........

Post by oldragbaggers »

I am so happy for you. It's a wonderful feeling, that first ride on a boat that you have put your heart, soul and hard work into.
We are restoring a hurricane damaged 22 and we just can't wait to experience what you have just described.
Fair winds and many many nautical miles to you!!!!
Becky
Lance & Becky Williams
Happily retired and cruising aboard our dreamboat, Anteris
http://www.sailblogs.com/member/anteris/
https://www.facebook.com/oldragbaggers
rtbates

Execellent

Post by rtbates »

Always nice to hear of another 'old school' CD brought back from the brink. Get used to the attention! Folks seem to love the 'old school' looks.

Congratulations
Randy 25D Seraph #161