1973 Cape Dory Typhoon for sale with trailer in R.I.

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

trek47

1973 Cape Dory Typhoon for sale with trailer in R.I.

Post by trek47 »

I have a 1973 TY for sale in Bristol R.I. Only serious inquiries pls. I will show pictures of the boat undersail from last summer from aerial views and from on land. I am asking 4k firm. I can be reached at 401-465-1693 cell phone or mmyette@fullchannel.net[/url]
Mike Johnson

is this a weekender or not?

Post by Mike Johnson »

n/m
trek47

Re: is this a weekender or not?

Post by trek47 »

Mike Johnson wrote:n/m
Hello Mike, The TY is a weekender and you can see aerial photos at www.abirdseyeview.net once in that site type in RI 7819n which is my registration #. Let me know what you think ok? Thnx-Mich
Scott F

Wow What Great Aerial Photos of your Ty, She's a Beauty

Post by Scott F »

I wish I lived close by because I'd drive over tomorrow.

I'm starting to see more Ty's for sale as spring approaches. I am interested in the Typhoon, Ty Sr, or CD 22 after reading several magazine reviews and asking skippers about CD boat handling, performance, characteristics, etc.. But, and thats a big BUTT, I've not had a chance to sail those models yet so its hard to make a move on boat until I've tried it. I think the Typhoon would be an awesome boat for singlehanded sailing (of which I do most of the time) but I admit to being drawn towards the Typhoon Senior and CD22 for the little extra beam width and juuuust a little bigger sail area. All three sound like great boats though.

I've already asked a local skipper if she would let me sail with her on her Typhoon so I could get a real feel for the size and sailing characteristics of the TY. There's a Typhoon Senior skipper in the area and I'll ask him for a Ty SR ride come spring. I haven't found a CD 22 skipper in the area yet, though I have been informed of a local CD 22 for sale - unable to contact seller though.

To make things worse for me, a local Typhoon skipper has contacted me and informed me his Typhoon may be for sale.

I hope spring hurrys up and arrives sooner than later so I can test drive some boats :)