YANKEE SAIL DIMENSIONS for CD30

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

NORMAN AHLHEIM

YANKEE SAIL DIMENSIONS for CD30

Post by NORMAN AHLHEIM »

I have been trying to order a yankee sail for CD 30 cutter- am unable to measure my own sail at this time of year--2 sail makers have come up with 2 different luff/leach/foot measurments. Mine is roller furling . Haven't any book to refer to- appreciate anyone with measurements. Thank you, Norm Ahlheim
Steve Laume

Yankee size

Post by Steve Laume »

Mine is still in use on the boat right now but I will probably be taking it off towards the end of the month. I plan to take it to our local sail maker to have him measure it and quote a price for a new one. It would be interesting to compare information if you get some prices. I am not sure which is in greater need of replacement, the yankee or staysail. It would be ideal to replace both, which are original. There is still battery management, Standing rigging?, chart plotter and all the little stuff. Its a good time of year to be talking to your sail maker. Happy new year, Steve.
Ron M.

Yankee

Post by Ron M. »

Norman,
The original yankee on my boat has a luff of 34'; leech 27'-8"; foot 14'-7". It was rigged with one of those old Sheafer roller furlers.
________
3 Series (E90)