CD25 standing rigging question

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Ned_Mellon

CD25 standing rigging question

Post by Ned_Mellon »

The previous owner of my CD25 substituted a variety of non-standard hardware (mild steel hex bolts, stainless steel machine screws) for the chainplate clevis pins. I obviously need to replace these ASAP.

I'm presently not near my boat and can't measure the clevis pin size I need to order. I also can't find them specified in my owners manual.
So, does anyone happen to know what clevis pin is used to connect the shrouds to the CD25 chainplate?

Thanks
Ned Mellon
Dave Brandt
Rochester, MN

Pins

Post by Dave Brandt »

Hi Ned,

My Boat is a 1976 ( #378 ), I measured the pins this fall when I replaced the standing rigging. The length of the pin is the minimum bearing area, not the overall length.

When I ordered the new rigging the company I got them from was concerned that the deck fittings were larger than the pins, so we increased the size of the lower pins to match. I used "Rigging Only", great people to work with.

Dave

Forward & Back Stay:
Top pin= 3/8”hole x 5/8" long
Bottom pin= 5/16”hole x 5/8" long, deck fitting = 3/8”

Port & Starboard Shroud:
Top pin= 5/16”hole x 5/8" long
Bottom pin= 5/16”hole x 5/8" long, deck fitting = 3/8”

Lower Shrouds:
Top pin= 1/4” hole x 1/2" long
Bottom pin= 1/4” hole x 5/8" long, deck fitting = 3/8”
tartansailor

Mast Raising

Post by tartansailor »

If you ever contemplate raising and lowering your mast yourself, now would be the time to substitute long shackles in place of your lower clevis pins.
Dick
Ned_Mellon

Thanks for your help

Post by Ned_Mellon »

I got exactly the answers I needed.

Ned