Help When You Need It Most

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

barleycopse
"Loon"

Help When You Need It Most

Post by barleycopse »

I wanted to say how much Lorraine and I enjoyed meeting those who attended the Oyster Bay Float-In over the Fourth of July. It was our first CDSOA gathering and I assure you, it will not be our last. The event was the high point of our 593 nm trip from Georgetown, MD to Potts Harbor, ME.

"Thank yous" are in order for several of our new friends who helped us when, on the morning of July 5th, our fuel pump decided to give up the ghost. Not only did we have on-water mechanical support and a spare fuel filter installed by George Van Drasek, we had on-shore support by Catherine Monaghan and Bruce Halley as well as Warren and Julie Kaplan. Mike Heinz, Nan Wasson, Dave Sabourin, Beth Wingerd and Kevin Mularkey provided additional support until we had the situation in hand. We truly grateful for their help.

Cheers,
Don & Lorraine Cline
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Hi Don & Lorraine,

Glad you made it home safely.

Speaking of engines, Realization splashed last Tuesday and we finally got the rebuilt engine working yesterday afternoon. We ran into one small problem which we were able to quickly troubleshoot and remedy so we were very happy.

If you'd like to meet up with fellow CDSOA member Dave Potts during his cruise, here's his tentative itinerary:

Sat 16-Jul w/PYC @ Boothbay Harbor
Sun 17-Jul w/ PYC @ Matinicus or Tenants/Long Cove
Mon 18-Jul Isleboro/Vinalhaven/Deer Isle Area
Tue 19-Jul w/ PYC @ Wooden Boat, Brooklyn
Wed 20-Jul w/ PYC @ Isle au Haut
Thu 21-Jul Northeast Harbor
Fri 22-Jul Northeast Harbor
Sat 23-Jul w/ PYC @ Northeast Harbor
Sun 24-Jul w/ PYC @ Northeast Harbor
Mon 25-Jul Bucks Harbor (Steel Band)
Tue 26-Jul Camden
Wed 27-Jul Maple Juice Cove
Thu 28-Jul Seal Cove/Damariscotta
Fri 29-Jul Boothbay Harbor
Sat 30-Jul Sebasco Resort
Sun 31-Jul PYC, Falmouth

Anyway, Saturday may be a good time to catch him at Sebasco Resort. He's got a CD30 named Andronikos.

Fair winds,
Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay