Cove Stripe Tape Source?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Bill Cochrane
s/v Phoenix

Cove Stripe Tape Source?

Post by Bill Cochrane »

Looking to do a repair on my cove stripe. It's a very dark brown tape. Found a 3M tape for striping use in dark brown, #730-24 (1") but before I order a 150' roll (only size available) for a 2' patch I thought I'd see if anyone knew if that was the original tape and color, or had done the research and had a better match.
Regards, Bill
Steve Laume

Sign store?

Post by Steve Laume »

If you only need a small peice you might try a shop that makes signs. They are all done by computer now and they have all sorts of vinal colors to chose from that get cut out to form the letters. I went to our local shop to inquire about boat names and they also had better prices than the on line suppliers. Mostly I just like to talk to a real person and keep my spending as close to home as possible. They should be able to come up with a peice for your repair. Good luck, Steve.
RWilker
CD-28
Portsmouth, RI

Post by RWilker »

This spring I looked to wanted to redo the cove stripe on my boat and I found a good match in the brown tape at myboatsign.com. The width (or height) of my strip was 5/8" and they cut it for me so that it would be even.
How much do you need? I know that I did not use up the entire 150', but I am not sure if I can locate the remainder.