Choices - find a trailer or '81 Ty 18 FOR SALE...

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

JLovett

Choices - find a trailer or '81 Ty 18 FOR SALE...

Post by JLovett »

I had great luck last fall finding trailer to transport my family's Ty18, 2nd Chance, from NC to SE FL. But the Ty owner that loaned me the trailer sold his boat over the winter. Now I've got to return 2nd Chance to my family on Lake Norman, NC, and 2nd Chance is stuck in Everglades City, FL.

Does anyone in FL, GA, SC, or NC have a Ty trailer they are willing to rent / loan?

OR...

'81 TY for sale. Great condition, new interlux barrier coat & bottom paint in fall '04. Jib, genoa, spinnaker. Currently in docked Everglades City, FL.

I set sail for Beaufort, NC on a 25' Drasomb Gig on April 1 and need have resoved the question of what to do with 2nd Chance. She is a great boat and I have learned much sailing her in the Gulf during the last six months. I hate to sell her, but I'm saving up to purchase a larger boat by next fall and do not want to spend lots of $$ in storing her in FL only to sell her next fall.

Suggestions ? Offers?

Help!