Capedory 22D--Question

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Dean Eliades

Capedory 22D--Question

Post by Dean Eliades »

I own a 1987 Capedory 22D that has been on a trailer for almost 8 years--other than treating the teak, I have not had the time to maintain her as I would have liked to. When I took her out of the water in 87 we may not have gotten her on the trailer correctly. My question is 3 parts
1, Can the boat be damaged by not being on the trailer correctly, the reason I ask is because I recently noticed the planking in the forward birth starting to pop away from the inside hull and I am not sure if this is indicitive of a greater problem.

2, I have not touched the Yanmar diesal at all--is it salvageable?
3, One summer the cabin took on 5 inches of water--I pumped it out but the stains are still there--could more permanent damage have occured because of the water.
I now have the time to start getting this beautiful craft refurbished but I don't know if the damage is to extensive at this point. Any information you could give would be much appreciated.
Thank you for considering my question.

deaneliades@hotmail.com
Joe Clark

cd22d

Post by Joe Clark »

There's a Cd22d for sale that I'm looking at and amazingly has the same conditons as Dean Eliades CD22d. I tried to e-mail Dean but the address is not working. I realize Deans post is dated,but can anyone remember getting back to him on his questions, and if so, could you pass them on to me? Could it possibly be the same boat? Dean said his was a 1987 and the one I'm looking at is a 1982 but I'm thinking mistype on the 87 being I don't believe they made them that long. Anyway, any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Joe