Bowsprit replacement (chapter 6) all bills are in(update)

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Ron Turner
Oriental, NC

Bowsprit replacement (chapter 6) all bills are in(update)

Post by Ron Turner »

The DIY replacement of my old bowsprit has finally quit hemmoraging boat units (aka money). The least costly part of the job was the actual oak plank coming in at about $25. The most costly part was the new SS backing plate done by the local boatyard for $450. In between are the bills for new fasteners ( $100), CPES and Bristol Finish ($125), new hardware upgrades for anchor rollers and brackets ($125) ,epoxy, glass, cloth and such ($100) and lastly those two new hawse pipes from Bristol Bronze ($300). I have not done the math because I have not finished the assembly and installation. I should have a lot of stuff left over such as 94 1/4" bronze nut and washers but the experience was priceless as they say. Hopefully "LUVIT" will be ready to cruise in the spring. Photos coming when it is all back together.
:oops: Update : Forgot the $125 to level the foredeck. And the chapter # was wrong.
Ron Turner
Mike Rodriguez

CD30C "Sunshine" #233
Roosevelt Roads NAS Puerto Rico

Bowsprit Replacement

Post by Mike Rodriguez »

Hi Ron, Can't wait to see pics. How many man hours so far?

Mike R.