Volvo MD7A For Sale

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

StuNH

Volvo MD7A For Sale

Post by StuNH »

Good Morning! I will soon be re-powering my 1981 Cape Dory 30 and will be removing the original Volvo MD7A. The engine will be removed by a marine shop in Newington, NH, near Portsmouth. The engine ran well until the end of last summer when it was shutdown due to an imminent overheat. It was checked by the engine shop and winterized pending our replacement decision. Having owned and maintained this boat for some time, I know it is difficult to get parts for this engine. So if anyone is interested, kindly reply and make an offer! Thanks, StuNH
Mitch F
CD30K, Mere Point, Maine

MD7A

Post by Mitch F »

Hi Stu-
I live just up the road in Portland and would be interested in talking to you about your engine. Are you looking to sell the whole shebang or are you willing to sell individual parts? My current problem is exhaust, but would be interested in talking to you about the engine. My phone is 207-939-1322

Mitch
Ron Turner
Oriental, NC

Tranny

Post by Ron Turner »

Do you know what transmission you have? Do you have a manual with assembly breakdown? I know Mike R is looking for those. He is looking to rebuild his,
Ron Turner
John C

MD7a

Post by John C »

I'm interested in everything you have on this MD7A. What are you looking to get for this?
Thanks
John
Mike Rodriguez

CD30C "Sunshine" #233
Roosevelt Roads NAS Puerto Rico

MD7A

Post by Mike Rodriguez »

I would Like to talk with you. Please call (787) 565-9450 or E-mail mglmig@yahoo.com. Thank you.
stuNH

Re: MD7a

Post by stuNH »

John C wrote:I'm interested in everything you have on this MD7A. What are you looking to get for this?
Thanks
John
John: If you would kindly send an email contact I would be happy to discuss further. Thanks and best regards, Stu
Stephan Howden

Volvo Manuals

Post by Stephan Howden »

I have 1) A Parts Catalogue for Volvo MD 6 & MD7 and 2) A Workshop manual for an MD 6A Volvo. I will mail the documents to whomever contacts me first and will pay the mail costs.
-Stephan
howden*nospam*@i-55.com

MD7A Manuals

Post by Guest »

I have .PDF files for the MD7A including:

Owners manual
workshop manual
MSB transmission manual

Also .jpg blowups of MD7A as well as the MSB tranny.

If you have broadband and want these let me know.
Andy Denmark

Manuals

Post by Andy Denmark »

Mike Rodriguez desparately needs copies of these engine and tranny manuals as his boat is inop until he can effect repairs to same (esp. the MSB tranny).

Mike is in Puerto Rico and has limited access to this board. Broadband is out of the question there. He will gladly pay for these copies and postal costs.

You would be doing him a huge favor by helping him out. If you'd email me via the button with your phone number, I'll get it to Mike and he can talk with you directly.

Thanks for helping out my friend.
________
HOMEMADE VAPORIZER
Last edited by Andy Denmark on Feb 13th, '11, 03:16, edited 1 time in total.
tony batchelor

MD7A

Post by tony batchelor »

I'd love to buy your engine but its rather a long way to New Zealand. Having recently replaced the head casket I now the engine in my cd30 Wisp, is going to need replacement within a year or so.
please may I ask what engine, transmission and vee drive are you putting into your CD30. my email address is: captaintonyb@hotmail.com.
John C

Volvo

Post by John C »

Stu,
I
don't have an adress for you to be contacted at. Could you give one?
Thanks
John C
John C

MD7A

Post by John C »

Stu,
Phone # ?
Mines (860)769-3232
John C
stuNH

Re: MD7A

Post by stuNH »

John C wrote:Stu,
Phone # ?
Mines (860)769-3232
John C
John: My email address is stuscharff@aol.com. Thanks, Stu
truemettle

Interested in the Engine or I have one for sale

Post by truemettle »

I just blew mine up this weekend and am looking for parts. I would be very interested in talking to you. Please drop me a line at dennis@breckenridge.ca if you are still trying to get rid of that engine.

If I decide to repower, I will have a running MD7a with a bad head available. It has new motor mounts, new injectors, new water pump. The head is leaking water into the oil and to date I cannot find a fresh water cooled replacement. There are all kinds of raw water cooled ones around. The complete engine, gear, coupler, panel may be available.
michaeledison

Post by michaeledison »

I'm also interested in repowering a 1981 CD 28 with a Volvo MD7A (mine, too, is overheating) and would appreciate knowing what you are you replacing it with, where it is being done and how much it will cost?

Thanks.

Michael