CD 28' Flybridge power cruiser

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Thad Redmond

CD 28' Flybridge power cruiser

Post by Thad Redmond »

Does anyone know what happened to the molds for the flybridge 28' when Newport Shipyard ceased to existaround 1996? Would like to acquire for a one off or contract for a boat.

triobx@aol.com
Mark Cline

Re: CD 28' Flybridge power cruiser

Post by Mark Cline »

Thad:

While I have no idea what happened to the original mold. However, in a discussion with Clive Dent last year he indicated that the hull came from a company called Marshall Lobsterboats in Maine. I have no idea if the company still exists or if they have the hull mold for the commercial version of the boat. The closest current boat I've been able to find is a Nauset 28. I would give this company a call about a contracting for one of their 28's.

Best of luck... Mark Cline

CD 28 Flybridge #219
Brandywine
Annapolis, MD

ma.cline@juno.com
john walden

Post by john walden »

Try Robinhood Marine in ME.
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Nauset's hulls come from Maine

Post by Joe Myerson »

The closest current boat I've been able to find is a Nauset 28. I would give this company a call about a contracting for one of their 28's.
I believe Nauset contracts their excellent hulls from a builder in Maine. I'm not sure which one, but it might be Atlantic Boats outside of Augusta--I know that they do build hulls for other builders.

John's right, you should start with Robinhood. Dave Perry will probably be able to answer your questions, and even, perhaps, tell you who still builds bare hulls that are similar to the ones Marshall builds/built.

Good luck.

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627