CD Typhoon "Chiquita"

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Skeep
Location: Previously CD Typhoon #729, now Alberg 30 Hull #614

Re: CD Typhoon "Chiquita"

Post by Skeep »

Tim, that is very comprehensive, thank you. Just reviewing that requirements checklist I can see that my desire for electrics is probably extremely minimal.

With all the digital handhelds these days and the www, a CD 18 is probably best served by those items already available. However, if one does 2 week adventures as you are doing, they'd surely want more electrical capacities for creature comfort.

The checklist helped me make a realistic assessment of my needs. I think I'll hold on my desire for current and stick to cave-man days a bit longer before engaging in a wire obsession!

I saved the checklist in my CD file and will go back to it for reference, thank you sooo much.

One additional question on your Transom brightwork: I note from your pics that you added a piece of teak on the outer side of the transom. My vessel has an old strip of aluminum on that edge. I think your revision is a good idea for best protection. Did you fabricate it from one piece or two? Am currently having to re-do the top piece of teak on mine and am thinking of simply using one piece of teak for that. So, timing is everything...want to do both at the same time. Your advise? thanks.

skeep
Skeep
Supporting Member #1576 of the CDSOA
Current Vessel, Alberg 30 Hull #614 to be named yet
Formerly S/V Hull #729 "Baggy Wrinkles"
Blogsite for Alberg Ty and Alberg 30 continues athttp://baggywrinkles.blogspot.com
Located at Lake Murray Sailing Club, Chapin South Carolina
Tim D.

Post by Tim D. »

There are two pieces of teak to form the corner, they came with the boat when I bought it so I can't tell you much more.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward
Skeep

Post by Skeep »

Tim that chart is very helpful, almost too good for me! I'm at the level of do I put a battery aboard? And must I have any sort of device to ground the electrical grid I build?

If I want to simply run a mast light and running lights, an occasional spread of xmas lights could I do that with a 12 volt motorcycle battery? It is smaller, would accommodate a Ty space-wise.
Skeep
Blogsite for Alberg Ty and Alberg 30 continues athttp://baggywrinkles.blogspot.com
Skeep

Post by Skeep »

Just reviewing posts and have to say this last one is funny. In contrast, I've enjoyed laying up inside my Typhoon with a cigar. The only thing that'd make it better is a bit of Scotch! Aboard my vessel that is a standard!
Skeep