Insurance

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

grabhamb

Progressive Boat Insurance

Post by grabhamb »

After reading all the posts on this subject I tried to obtain a quote from Progressive only to discover that they said they would not insure a boat over 20 years old for more than $40,000. Obviously, most Cape Dory's over 30 feet or so (a broad generalization I know) are worth more than $40,000. There's probably quite a few under 30 feet worth more than 40K. So, I guess that removes them from the list of possible insurers for those of us wanting to insure for more than 40K. I'm sure not happy paying over 1k for an agreed hull value just south of 100k. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks. Bob
Bob Grabham,
S/V Hunky Dory
Regent Point Marina
Topping, VA
marv brinn

ins

Post by marv brinn »

state farm would not insure my cd27
allstate did appx 230/yr w/o a survey
us sail was much higher
none
Bob Condon

Home owners

Post by Bob Condon »

I placed my boat insurance CD 28 Intrepid under my home owners and it was around $250. I was required to submit a survey for the boat, which I had and had to prove that safety and sailing CG classes were taken. I also submitted the Navgation class certification. I have done this for about 7 years and worked out well because my insurance is all self contained.

Bob
Bob Condon