Does Boat Insurance Cover This???

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Warren Kaplan wrote:Did you notice the lady in the foreground of the picture is holding car keys in her hand along with the obligatory water bottle. Look what she did...and...she's smiling for the camera. Why would she do that??? What can we deduce about her cognitive functions from just these two observations!?!
Hey, anybody know if a bumper makes a good fender, uh, fender board?

Cathy
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

keep it up......

Post by winthrop fisher »

nice picture

my boat ins. would not.

but my car ins would.

hows does that sound.

did it go for a swim ????

winthrop
Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

Where is the captain of the vessel?

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

Has he been questioned? Maybe he ran the boat into the car. Maybe that is how the driver of the car (the woman), is on dry land and smiling. She was NOT in or near the car and upon returning, found her car damaged by the boat. She knows that it was not her fault and is going to sue the the captain, the owner of the vessel, the marina, the town/city and anybody else she can think of. Isnt America wonderful.
cbrenton
Cape Dory 33, Hull #75
Newington, New Hampshire

Post by cbrenton »

I have seen this kind of behavior in marital disagreements. Is she married to the skipper? Does she enjoy boating? Maybe she wishes that he would switch to a Cape Dory.

Charlie Brenton
"Carol Anne"
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

cbrenton wrote:Is she married to the skipper?
Maybe she is the skipper.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

After a hard night of drinking the skipper makes it back to her boat safe and sound, Steve.
Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

To Neil's response,

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

O yeah. Thats even better!!

"Some damn fool guy drives his cars into my boat. Wait till I get a hold of him and his insuranse company and take them to the cleaners for everything them have!", for the caption.
ronkberg

CD Wannabee

Post by ronkberg »

Okay folks, I Goggle'd the lady's face and then called her. Indeed she has seen the CD's sailing the coast of Maine.....my sailing area....and is so jealous that she decided to discuss/convince her cap'n to find a CD. They have agreed and will be searching the board for a CD large enough to accomodate their new folding bicycles.

For anyone having a CD for sale, I told her I would not divulge her name.

yuk, yuk........Ron
mike feeney

Post by mike feeney »

And did she take the keys out of the car because she thought that someone would steal it?
Mike Feeney

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats" Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

mike feeney wrote:And did she take the keys out of the car because she thought that someone would steal it?
Or are those the keys to the boat? Or maybe the keys to the crane she's gonna drive to rescue the car?
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
M. R. Bober

Post by M. R. Bober »

mike feeney wrote:And did she take the keys out of the car because she thought that someone would steal it?
That's funny! :wink:

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Annapolis (where he who steals my purse, steals cash), MD
CDSOA Founding Member