Anyone Repowering

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Ron M.

Anyone Repowering

Post by Ron M. »

I know of a pretty good deal on 20hp diesel with v-drive in New England area. if interested send pm
________
The cigar boss
Last edited by Ron M. on Mar 8th, '11, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
Duncan Maio

Clay?

Post by Duncan Maio »

nm
Clay Stalker

Haven't Purchased Yet

Post by Clay Stalker »

Going down to look at Allways tomorrow in East Greenwich, RI at Norton's. If she is still looking as good as I remember her from last season, I am planning to make an offer....hoping to knock it down around 5k, but may take as much as 8.....still not bad. Then a survey, and who knows? Probably will try the Atomic 4 for at least a season, maybe 2. Still might be worth a repower down the road, not sure yet.

Clay Stalker
Clay Stalker
Westmoreland, NH and Spofford Lake, NH
marilou

F.Y.I. Westerbeke 11

Post by marilou »

I noticed that the Westerbeke Distributor was closing out the 11w/standard trans. for $3300. What are new "Cape Dory" replacement engines selling for these days? http://www.engines1.com Go to used/specials section.
Dick Barthel

Clay not so fast on the repower!

Post by Dick Barthel »

Clay Stalker wrote: Probably will try the Atomic 4 for at least a season, maybe 2. Still might be worth a repower down the road, not sure yet. Clay Stalker
Clay I'm quoting from "Ariandne's Adventures" in the latest Good Old Boat mag, an article about a "well-traveled" Triton:

"Her original, raw-water-cooled Atomic 4, which Jack pulled and had rebuilt in the '80s, still starts every time and runs like a champ after 42 years and some serious cruising, all in salt water."

Another quote about Tritons from the article:

"Dan Spurr once said it was probably the cheapest, smallest true bluewater-cruising capable boat out there.

Leave it to you to improve on a Cape Dory 27 and a Shannon 28. {Did I just say that on the Cape Dory board!}

I'm excited for you buddy. Keep us posted.

Dick