Surveyor Needed for Lower Chesapeake Bay

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

George Shaunfield
and Westsail 28
Dickinson Bayou, Galveston Bay, TX

Surveyor Needed for Lower Chesapeake Bay

Post by George Shaunfield »

Can someone recommend a good sailboat surveyor for the lower Chesapeake Bay area (VA specifically)?
Several searches of the message board did not turn up any useful leads other than the list on BoatUS site.

George
Steve D

Surveyor

Post by Steve D »

Bill Coker with Entre Nous Marine Services did my survey and he has a reputation for being the most picky surveyor around the Tidewater area. He really went over the boat and did inspect everything. He also took 143 digital pictures of the boat, inside and out. Very detailed. His phone number is 833-5900.

Steve
Efrost
Virginia Beach, VA

Post by Efrost »

I was very happy with work done By CAPT Frank K Lanier. (757) 287- 3770. www.captfklanier.com

Frank is an active duty Coast Guard CAPT, who lives in the Norfolk VA area and is available pretty much anywhere in SE VA/NE NC

He is a member of The Society Of Accredited Marine Surveyors, which has a good website if you are looking for a surveyor.
Ed
grabhamb

Surveyor

Post by grabhamb »

You may want to contact Peter Schacht in Urbanna. He performed the survey on our CD36 several years ago and did a thorough and professional job. I believe he's still active in Urbanna on the Rappahannock River. Good luck with your prospective purchase.

Bob Grabham
S/V Hunky Dory
CD36, #140
Topping, VA
Evergreen
Location: 1986 Cape Dory 36 - Hull # 139 - "Evergreen" - kept at Great Island Boat Yard - Maine

GOOD Surveyor needed for Solomons, Maryland area

Post by Evergreen »

Monday I have appointment to check out a CD36 for possible purchase. Living in Florida it is hard to get references on good surveyors in Maryland. After spending a lot of time on the computer I came up with three possible surveyors: Previte Marine Survey; Hartoft Marine Survey; Wagner Marine Survey. Does anyone have any experience or opinion on this short list or can you recommend someone else?
Thank you for your input, Philip M.
Philip & Sharon
https://share.delorme.com/ADVNTURUNLIMITD (Where is Evergreen?)
http://northernexposurein2013.blogspot.com/ (Link to older blogs)
M. R. Bober

Post by M. R. Bober »

http://www.appraisers.org/about/chapter ... rsOnly=YES

Stephen Knox is superb.

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Annapolis (where a recent survey revealed that 9 out of 10 leaves one), MD
CDSOA Founding Member