CD28 power owner list for benefit of the community

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Ned_Kroeker

CD28 power owner list for benefit of the community

Post by Ned_Kroeker »

I'm updating the list of CD28 power owners, eventually to then update the registry here. I've maintained a list for years based on contacts here at the CDSOA site, vessels I've seen or owners I've met in my own travels (always with the suggestion that owners come to this site!).

About half the email addresses or owners for CD28 power boats on the registry are no longer valid. I've tracked many CD28 power hulls via the public USCG documentation records, but I'm missing emails for many owners. About 87 vessels are in the list, from #1 to #223 with a good representation of the sport and open models as well.

If you haven't already received an email directly from me, own a CD28 power boat, and would like to get the updated list of owners, hull numbers, and email addresses, drop me an email at ekroeker@seaqueue.com (please include your vessel name and hull number, if known...it's the number in the middle of the HIN on the transom).

regards to all,
Ned Kroeker
CD28 power hull #190, "Sea Queue"
Ned Kroeker

Time for another CD28 power update!

Post by Ned Kroeker »

I'm doing another major update to the CD28 power hull list. Compared to the July 2004 list (with 87 hulls), there are now upwards of 150 hulls on the list! (many from USCG documentation records with current documentation). Given that about 239 hulls were made (223 cruiser/flybridge/open fisherman, and reportedly 16 sport models), this is a remarkable percentage!

In any case, if you are a CD28 power owner, and have not already received an email from me this week (addresses based on the registry here, and other updates made over the years), drop me an email at ekroeker@seaqueue.com or email via this forum.

About 74 vessel owners with current documentation addresses (but for whom I have no email addresses) will be receiving a postal letter from me within the week (being mailed 7/11/06) , but I don't have backup postal addresses for all the email-missing hull owners! I can't locate state registered hulls via public methods, so must depend upon referrals and sightings to track down these owners. (Although postal addresses of documented vessels are public federal records, I don't include this information on the distributed list.)

The idea is to share the list with CD28 power owners (and update the registry here, if that ends up being practical), so that in addition to the Cape Dory Board, an owner might contact another owner directly with specific questions (such as engine repowering experience, many have repowered with Yanmar diesels). There are enough hulls on the list now to readily find another hull that was made next to yours or within a few hulls, to track manufacturing differences or aging problems.

Ned Kroeker
Sea Queue, CD 28 Cruiser hull #190, Fall River, MA
Ned Kroeker

CD28 Power Yacht list status

Post by Ned Kroeker »

152 entries on list (but a few are only boat names and ports, from observations or reports).

39 outstanding email update requests (no responses yet)
18 email responses
73 postal letters mailed 7/11/06

A thank you to the broader CD community for a couple of sighting reports and some CD28 power responses through this board within literally hours!
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

bump.....bump.....

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

...nudge....
Ned Kroeker

Another CD28 power list update status

Post by Ned Kroeker »

37 owners have responded with confirmed email addresses.

Awaiting:
18 email responses (I have no backup contact info for these owners)

58 letters from 7/11/06 without response yet

19 letters from 7/18/06 without response yet (but too early to count)-- sent to those who had not responded to email, but for whom I had valid postal addresses

15 hulls I have no contact information or owner information, trying to research what I can.

Total of 156 hulls now on the list, about 2-3 being added each week from various sources.

If you own a Cape Dory 28 Power boat and have not already responded, please respond to ekroeker@seaqueue.com. We will all benefit from a shared list of owners. I've had enthusiastic responses , often with a list of excited questions about boat issues given the prospect of communicating with other owners.

I've promoted CDSOA, some respondees didn't know about this site.
Ned Kroeker

Early August 2006 CD28 power owner list update

Post by Ned Kroeker »

163 hulls (of maximum 239).

72 current owners confirmed via email or postal response.

9 awaiting response from email; 57 awaiting response from postal mailings; 4 bad email and no way to contact.

15 hulls with no owner or contact information; 3 hulls known to be sold and new owner info not available.

A draft of the owners list has been sent by email to all confirmed owners. A community website (with encouragment to join CDSOA) was launched 24 July at http://www.capedory28.info.