Typhoon roller reefing

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

JBA

Typhoon roller reefing

Post by JBA »

Good morning everyone,

I have a slab reefing system on my 1978 Typhoon. Last week-end my boom came out of the gooseneck and I think part of the roller reefing mechanism went overboard. With or without slab reefing, what keeps the boom in the gooseneck.

Thanks,

Jamie
Bob G.

sail stopper

Post by Bob G. »

I use a sail stopper from West Marine. I place it right above the opening on the mast. I also had a turks head over the opening.

Bob G.
JBA

Post by JBA »

Thanks Bob G. I appreciate your reply, but I think the problem is different. It was not sail slugs or the gooseneck slide that came out of the opening, but it was the pin that goes into the boom. The boom was below the opening with a downhaul. Suddenly the pin pulled out of the boom. The pin goes back in but comes out with any movement. Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Jamie
iropicc

GOOSENECK REPLACEMENT

Post by iropicc »

HI JBA THINK YOU MAY NEED A REPLACEMENT FOR YOUR BROKEN GOOSENECK YOU MAY WISH TO LOOK FOR 4100 OR 4101 IN SAILING HARDWARE AT THIS SITE http://www.dwyermast.com/items.asp?cat1 ... Goosenecks
JBA

goosneck

Post by JBA »

Thanks Iropicc. I will look into it