The Perfect Tender

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

tgilson

The Perfect Tender

Post by tgilson »

Finding the right dinghy for our CD 33 was important to us. We considered an inflatable and also hard dinghies (both fiberglass and wood). We did tons of research. We wanted something affordable, that would tow easily, and had a classic look to it (to match our CD). We had two bonus criteria, some wood or wood trim and a sail kit.

We looked at the CD10, a big contender; thank you to all who forwarded photos and information. But then we ran across Mike Ellis, a fellow CD owner who builds the Rich Passage Minto -- it must have been fate, because he wasn't even far away.

Check out his website at http://www.richpassage.com.

(thanks Mike)

Rperlot

Beauty. And close.

Post by Rperlot »

Thanks for sharing this. It is very pretty.

I live on Bainbridge Island. As you probably know, Rich Passage is the passage way between BI and PO. I'm moored at Kingston, work in Silverdale. I just went to Gig Harbor Boatworks last week, who builds a similar unit. But I think it is a little bulkier.

RPerlot
CD28 #352
Michael Ellis

Sweet Chance and her Minto

Post by Michael Ellis »

Sweet Chance is finally in Washington, and on her first venture from Sinclair Inlet took her Minto with her. Blake Island was so beautiful it was hard to come home.
AnnapolisMark

Eastport Sailing Pram

Post by AnnapolisMark »

Another beautiful little sailing craft is the Chesapeake Light Craft Eastport pram. This is a kit that is easily built by a novice. I just finished building one that will hang on davits on the back on my CD power 28. If anyone would like additional information or photos of the construction, please drop me a private message.

Thanks, Mark

CD Power 28 FB#219
"Brandywine"
Annapolis, MD