Thanks and farewell CD board

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

RichMason
Washington, NC (McCotter's Marina)

Thanks and farewell CD board

Post by RichMason »

It is with a heavy heart that our family bid farewell to our CD 28 Su Lan last week. While we only spent a year in Su Lan's company, she brought us many days of happy sailing and family fun. Due to my extended stay in Iraq and our desire to move up to a larger boat when I return, we decided that it was best to sell her rather than see her sit unused. A fellow member of this board has snatched her up - I will let him introduce himself later if he so chooses - and we are gratified that she has sailed into appreciative and caring hands.

Thanks so much to this board for all of your assistance with various newby questions that I posed over the past year. As we search for a suitable Tayana 37, I am now spending most of time over on that board and poring over the yachtworld listings.

Of course, the wide body of general sailing knowledge represented among the ranks of CDers will keep me lurking and learning.

All the best,
Rich Mason
Rich Mason
Scott MacCready
Location: Previous Owner of CD30-ketch, CD26 #29, and CD25 #635 Hulls Cove,ME

Post by Scott MacCready »

Rich, When you return, look me up if you want to go sailing. I appreciate what you're doing for all of us, Scott
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Farewell, Brother

Post by Oswego John »

Hi Rich,

There is a time for everything. Farewells seem sadder than Hellos. For whatever valid reason, sooner or later the ranks of sailors deplete. Some for attrition, some upgrade to larger (and smaller) craft. Whatever the reason, it was great while it lasted.

Our loss is Tayana's gain. There are many on this board that I have never met, but through their intelligent and interesting posts, I feel that I know them in part. Both you and Clay fit into this category.

Keep a weather eye and don't spit to windward.
O J
bill2

CD 28

Post by bill2 »

Rich

It's always been an insightful pleasure reading your posts and following your adventures with Su Lan.

Please look me up when you return to the states and we'll make plans to go sailing - my treat ( those that know me also know that is one of the highest honors I have to bestow :) ) .

Best wishes and fair winds

Bill