Didereaux Relaunching Fund

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Russell

Post by Russell »

Mike, you said you received a donation via paypal, but I still see no post saying how to donate via paypal, which is the only way I can donate. I am in Grenada and if I send a check you may get it in 2 months but lucky if you get it at all. I would gladly donate, please post how to donate via paypal.

Russell
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)
Mike Johnson

Paypal donations

Post by Mike Johnson »

I have cleared my paypal account. Please send Paypal donations to rmikej@blazenet.net . I thought I put this in my first note. Any other questions, let me know. Thanks all.
yves feder w1ux
S/V "ALPHEE" (44) Sabre34 Mark II #282 (1986) Stonyngtonne, CT

trying to find you as a bookseller too Mike!!!!

Post by yves feder w1ux »

I've tried to find you Mike on the Amazon booksellers' list..... and haven't been able to do so despite your posting your ID earlier..... mebbe I'm missing something on the Amazon site to find you>?

Any suggestion would be appreciated, would like very much to check out your book situation there :D

Best!
Yves
"Heisenberg May Have Slept Here"
Mike Johnson

AMAZON INSTRUCTIONS

Post by Mike Johnson »

I have been asked to provide directions through the layers of Amazon to get to the listings I have there. Here you go:

At Amazon.com home page, upper left, scroll down on the options till you highlight zshops. When you get to the next page, do a search by store: rjohns94. Next page, Click on rjohns94 zshop. Next page: at search this store only click "go". The sailing titles were listed first so sort listings by " start date old to new".

that should help. Good Luck and the relaunching fund thanks you
Dan & Pat
Location: CD 25 #282: "Play it Again Sam" Fort Lauderdale, FL -

Great stuff too.

Post by Dan & Pat »

Mike has some great books listed there, and for those with limited fund$, many are only a couple of bucks. There's not a porcelin library out there that can't use another paperback!

Dan
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
Mike Johnson

tuesday's thanks for fund contribution go to Adagio

Post by Mike Johnson »

Thanks so much. Keep it coming folks. John M, see above instructions for the way to navigate the amazon jungle to my zshop for the books. Thanks again.
Mike Johnson

Paypal donations

Post by Mike Johnson »

Folks, I have more thanks to issue to Joe A, Sean U, and Michael R. Just checked the paypal account. I thank you all. The first fund money package will ship on Friday. Until, I thank you all for donations that have arrived, are on the way, or that will be sent. Even more important, I thank you for the notes which will express to our forum friend what his contributions mean to us. God bless
Mike Johnson

more thanks

Post by Mike Johnson »

Dennis and Felicia. I got the transfer. Thanks so very much.
Mike Johnson

thursday,

Post by Mike Johnson »

Thank you Cathy M. Your check arrived today.
Mike Johnson

More thanks

Post by Mike Johnson »

Thanks to Mike R of SV SUNSHINE and James F. The fund continues to grow. My thanks to those who have sent your donations and to those who are yet to do so. As you can see from the above postings, many have passed on their blessings and well wishes. I would like to encourage all that have said they would, and all are thnking about it, to get your donations in the mail asap so we can bring this fund raising to a close. Thanks again. I sent a batch of letters and checks to Didereaux on last Friday. I will send another batch next friday . Take care and thanks one and all.
Mike Johnson

Bump

Post by Mike Johnson »

dont want to loose this just yet.
Mike Johnson

more thanks

Post by Mike Johnson »

Wanted to thank Domenic C for your generous gift. I will forward your gift on friday.

The flow of funds have slowed down. Those that said they would send checks, please do. Those that think they might, please do now, and those that have, well, to you, I thank you so very much for your generosity, your kind words and the blessings that you are to Didereaux.
Mike Johnson

bump

Post by Mike Johnson »

Folks, if you have sent a check and don't see your name on the above thank you's, then I don't have your check. I have posted a thank you to all who I have received a check from. thanks.
Mike Johnson

thanks again

Post by Mike Johnson »

robin M and Dean A - thanks for your contributions. With todays collections we are very near, if not over, $1000 collected and passed on to Didereaux. Thanks so much and keep them coming. We have him back underway in no time. VBG
Mike Johnson

Message from Didereaux

Post by Mike Johnson »

Mike,
If you would please forward the below text to each of the people who have contributed or bought books, I would be most grateful.

Monte/did
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until now I had no idea how very easy it is to give, and how so damnably hard it is to receive. It has taken me this long to make a decision about accepting all that you have generously given. I will accept.

For the past few weeks I have pondered, penciled, opined and scratched indelicately, and come to this conclusion. I want very much to replace the 'Spring Gail' with another CD-25. I have sailed in a pretty fair number of small boats, and I can honestly say that none are as sweet. Although I am not as nimble, as would be thought optimal for the 25, I have pretty much assessed my useable years at 4 or fewer, and I would like to spend them in a CD-25. Second consideration, biggest one really, finances. If I can find another in the same price range as my first, approximately $3000, then with all the contributions and some scrimping at this end, the boat can be had in a little over a year, with luck. That leaves me at least 2-3 yrs to get full enjoyment out of it before it moves onto the next person with old dreams.

And lastly, I can honestly, and I have said this before all of the recent events, that I have never met a group with such a large percentage of just plain good people in it; remaining a part of such a group is important to me.

I have for as long as memory allows always believed that knowledge is not a commodity to be sold or doled out piece-meal, and I can assure that all the trials, tribulations, successes and failures, no matter how stupidly they are come by, will be shared, other than the always open invitation to come sail with me, that is about all I have to offer in return for your generosity.

The new boats name will be 'Bons Amis', why French for good friends? Selected only because all other languages created phrases with far more letters and the stern of these little 25's are wee bit tight. And of course even natives couldn't pronounce the name in such languages as my grandads Welsh!

Thank you friends,
Monte Phillips
aka Didereaux