Didereaux Relaunching Fund

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Mike Johnson

Didereaux Relaunching Fund

Post by Mike Johnson »

Folks,

here is the data needed to send your well wishes (and checks!) to our shipmate Didereaux. Its not often in our busy lives that we can, with the cost of a lunch, bring so much joy into a persons life. This is such an opportunity. For the cost of a lunch or carry out dinner (lets say $20.), several hundred of us could have him in the water in ono time. Please make this a priority.

make checks payable to Monte Phillips (that is his real name)
c/o: mike Johnson
89 meadow hill drive
York, Pa. 17402

for those that want to send via paypal, here is the address: rmikej@blazenet.net. there is a 0 balance on the account so all proceeds will be forwarded to Didereaux with the checks and proceeds of the book sales. (see below) I think that covers it. Any questions, let me know.
Last edited by Mike Johnson on Jun 21st, '06, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Good Idea

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Mike,

Ya' beat me to it, as I was suggesting that idea to some people just last week. I'll be sending a check today.

After all, a guy as eloquent as Dideraux just has to have his sailing life saved....if only so he keeps on contributing to this board!! :D
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Mike Johnson

relaunching fund

Post by Mike Johnson »

I stated my intent to do this in the first thread but i had to get all of his info before I could get it going. thanks for sending a check. I really want to help him out in a BIG way.
Mike Johnson

Books on Amazon.com

Post by Mike Johnson »

Just to sweeten the pot and to generate some more interest, I have decided to give all proceeds from the sale of my amazon.com book sales to the relaunching fund. For those who would like to contribute by buying books, my seller name is rjohns94 on amazon. I have many sailing books (and a number of other topics) on sale there. Take a look, brouse my listings and know that all sale proceeds will go to the relaunching fund. happy shopping

mike j
Dan & Pat
Location: CD 25 #282: "Play it Again Sam" Fort Lauderdale, FL -

PayPal?

Post by Dan & Pat »

Mike,

Do you have a PayPal account? PM Me with your PayPal screen name/info and I'll 'git-er-done'.

Dan

Edited 20 min later - - - never mind, I bought a book! I'm in amazon frequently and you've got some good stuff there!
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
Mike Johnson

thanks

Post by Mike Johnson »

thanks Dan, Your book will ship tomorrow.
Dan & Pat

Good Deal!

Post by Dan & Pat »

Any time Mike, glad to help out. Looking forward to getting the book too, what a good deal!

BTW, your old forestay is going on Play it Again Sam this weekend, and we're going to see about practicing getting the mast up and down. I got a new SS tabernacle from Dwyer Masts, and we're ready to try it out.

Dan
Domenic
Location: Cape Dory 10 Hull 1278 & Moody 45ac Janique III Liberty Landing Marina. Jersey City.

Count me in

Post by Domenic »

Where do I send a Check .
Russell

Post by Russell »

Sending checks through the mail from the Caribbean is not something I wish to do. If you setup a PayPal account I will chip in.
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

In the mail

Post by Joe Myerson »

Mike:
The check, as they say, is in the mail. I just pledged to my local NPR station, and the least I can do is match that with a pledge to the Didereaux fund.
Thanks for setting up the fund.

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
tartansailor

I'm In

Post by tartansailor »

Mailed this Morning.
Mike,
Thanks for setting this up.
Dider,
Hope its a CD.
Dick
Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Mike Raehl
Location: CD27 #151, Roberta Jane III, Belmont Harbor, Chicago

Done, gladly

Post by Mike Raehl »

A setback, yes; a failure, no. Best wishes in your search for a new set of sails and a hull to go with them.
Mike Raehl
Dan & Pat

bump

Post by Dan & Pat »

bump . . Don't want this to get lost!
Mike Johnson

progress on the fund

Post by Mike Johnson »

Folks, just wanted to let you know how things are progressing. I have received two checks in the mail, one via pay pal, and I have sold one book to a person on this forum. In addition, my donation and the proceeds from all my book sales are going into the fund. Several people have indicated that their check is sent. I will send the initial batch of correspondence to Didereaux on Friday, giving the snail mail a chance to arrive. After that, I will continue to forward fund money from my book sales and what ever other funds arrive on bi-weekly basis. Thanks to those who have expressed their fondness for Didereaux through their donations. I would encourage all who have been touched or helped by him to help with a donation. Thanks.
Mike Johnson

progress as of Monday.

Post by Mike Johnson »

So, in order to thank everyone, and to let you know I have received your check, I want to thank Joe M, Mike W, Yves, Richard P, Gunter K, OJ, Waren K. I have your checks. They will be forwarded to Didereaux on Friday of this week, there are others on the way. Thank you all so very much. In addition, the paypal check arrived and the book sales continue. Thank you so very much. I can tell you Didereaux is very grateful by his personal emails. I am touched by your generosity and willingness to help. Thank you again. (Also, not to offend the first mates, thank you too!!!! I just took the name off the envelopes, not the checks) Peace to you all-
Last edited by Mike Johnson on Jun 26th, '06, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.