Replacement holding tank for CD30

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

dmetznik

Replacement holding tank for CD30

Post by dmetznik »

I need to locate a replacement holding tank for my CD30. Based on a search of previous posts, two manufacturers come up:
Ronco, model #B486 which is an 18 gallon model; and Kracor #5159 which is a 24 gallon model. Kracor also has an 18 gallon model.

I've send photos to each of the companies. These photos are taken from a post by Ron Turner on 3/16/06.

Can anyone help narrow my search of models, or expand it to other options?

Thanks,
Glen C

holding tanks

Post by Glen C »

the 2 tanks (Ronco B486 and Kracor mold-#5159 tank-#2-6256)are the same dimension...i have had both, my original was the Kracor and I now have the Ronco. The Ronco is a copy of the Kracor except it is 3/8" thick instead of 1/4". Apparently, someone is misquoting the capacity...I did not measure the capacity of either tank, but it hardly matters to me since the fit is what was important.

The Ronco tank is not as expensive as the Kracor (if you have to pay their setup fee) and Ronco will (at least they did for me and several others) place the ports anywhere you want them and Kracor will not.