Maine Boatbuilders Show in Portland

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Clay Stalker

Maine Boatbuilders Show in Portland

Post by Clay Stalker »

Hi all you Mainiacs (I can say that, I was one for 20 years)

I am going up to Portland Saturday for the Boat show and would enjoy meeting up with any CDers for a cold one. I will have my cell phone with me # 603-209-3535.

This is a great show, an annual pilgrimage for me....cause right after it off comes the boat cover!!

Clay Stalker
Clay Stalker
Westmoreland, NH and Spofford Lake, NH
mike feeney

shipyard

Post by mike feeney »

We will be going to the show from just up the road from you (Newbury) and will try to give you a call inside the show.
Mike Feeney

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats" Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows
Maine Sail

I'll be there..

Post by Maine Sail »

I help my friend Seth work his booth every year. He owns Mobile Marine Canvas. We're on the first floor can't miss the life sized dodger! Stop by and say hello!

-Rod
-Maine Sail
CS-36T
Broad Cove, Maine

My Marine How To Articles
Dean Abramson

I'll be there

Post by Dean Abramson »

Clay,

Count me in. I'll be in touch. I hope to meet all CDers there on Saturday.

Dean
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
GeorgeV

Post by GeorgeV »

Clay,

You attending any of the seminars? I am going to try to make the 4:00 one on Saturday on "Family Voyaging" as I will be there on Saturday also....

I will try to touch base with you

GeorgeV
GeorgeV
s/v: Peace and Quiet
Tayana 37
Essex, CT
http://sailingonisabelle.yolasite.com/
Clay Stalker

A Committee Meeting!

Post by Clay Stalker »

Wow...great response. I will look forward to meeting up with all of you...Mike, Dean, and George...and we will hit the dodger booth. See you all there!

Clay Stalker
Clay Stalker
Westmoreland, NH and Spofford Lake, NH
Phil Shedd
Rothesay NB Canada
Membership # 89

boat show

Post by Phil Shedd »

Clay

Name the time and place and I will be there. Leaving for Portland tomorrow with a required stop at L.L Beans .

Phil
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

I go every year

Post by Joe Myerson »

I'll be there, too. Even though "Offshore" doesn't have a booth this year, I wouldn't miss it.

I hope to see some of you there.

My cell phone is 978-835-2206 (I'll try to remember to keep it on).

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Carl Thunberg

Maine Boatbuilders Show

Post by Carl Thunberg »

I'll be there as well. I hope to run into you folks. My cell no. is (603) 470-4950. Clay, we may pass on the highway. I'm coming from Concord.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Len

Post by Len »

The show is pretty much the same as it has been since the begining. One notable change this year is that Robinhood did not bring a boat. Otherwise, it was the usual great to be in Maine and about to be spring kind of show. Everyone is always appreciative of the effort that goes into the wooden crafts and the sticker shock on the fiberglass ones.
the boat that really caught my eye this year was the PORTLAND PUDGY. it is a multifunction dingy/rowboat/sailbaot/liferaft. very clever design- functional- practical and even cute
http://www.portlandpudgy.com
Ignorance is the mother of adventure.

http://www.sail0rman.com
Len

Post by Len »

The show is pretty much the same as it has been since the begining. One notable change this year is that Robinhood did not bring a boat. Otherwise, it was the usual great to be in Maine and about to be spring kind of show. Everyone is always appreciative of the effort that goes into the wooden crafts and the sticker shock on the fiberglass ones.
the boat that really caught my eye this year was the PORTLAND PUDGY. it is a multifunction dingy/rowboat/sailbaot/liferaft. very clever design- functional- practical and even cute. the current version looks more finished than the earleir beta versions on their site.
http://www.portlandpudgy.com
Ignorance is the mother of adventure.

http://www.sail0rman.com
Carl Thunberg

Leonard is Right - What a great little boat!

Post by Carl Thunberg »

What a great little tender. My wife and I decided on the way home that we're going to buy one as a tender. We've had an inflatable tender for a long time. Mice chewed a 4-inch hole in ours this winter, plus it just doesn't track well when towing. The Portland Pudgy, with that stem to stern formed keel with track like an arrow. Okay mice, just try and chew this one!
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton