Micron Extra in brown

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Ed Haley

Micron Extra in brown

Post by Ed Haley »

I'm not sure how many of you use Micron Extra bottom paint with Biolux in the brown color, but I use it and have had a hard time finding the paint in that color. However, one place that carries it is ShipStore.com http://www.shipstore.com

$179 per gallon.
rtbates

thanks Ed

Post by rtbates »

It's what I used on Seraph last bottom job. And it's $20/gal cheaper, yippy skippy!
Randy 25D Seraph #161
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Nobody says her bottom has to be brown....

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Ed,

If you can't find brown, and your boat's boot and cove stripes are brown, try red or green, they complement the brown nicely.

Luckily, so far we haven't had any problem getting the brown Micron Extra from the "ship's store" at the boatyard where we keep our boat. I kinda like the brown, but I like the red and green too.

Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Steve Laume

colors

Post by Steve Laume »

My boat came with some very nice toast canvas. I am all for keeping things original but it was just too much brown for me. I went with a very dark red, almost burgundy, boot stripe and black bottom paint. I figure the boot stripe and bottom are one area where you just do whatever you like. If the next owner doesn't like it they can paint over it, Steve.
RWilker
CD-28
Portsmouth, RI

Brown bottom paint

Post by RWilker »

Last year I ordered a gallon of brown Micron Extra through my local West Marine, and by ordering it during their spring sale I got it at the sale price. I picked it up at the store to avoid the shipping charge.
If you order it from any online vendor, there is usually a hazardous material shipping charge that can more than offset any price discount.