Wanted: Diaphragm pump for CD22

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Hymodyne

Wanted: Diaphragm pump for CD22

Post by Hymodyne »

I'm in need of a Bilge pump for my CD22. It has been suggested that a diaphragm pump is the best selection.

can anyone suggest brand names or models and their pumping capacity that would be appropriate for this size boat?

many thanks,

hym
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Re: Wanted: Diaphragm pump for CD22

Post by winthrop fisher »

Hi...
i used rule 750 two of them on my cd22 so if one breaks down there is another one and i all so use a (2) gusher 500 hand pumps as well, because i go sailing on the coast all the time.
my ty all so gets two rule 500 and 2 hand pumps as well.
thats all you need.
winthrop

Hymodyne wrote:I'm in need of a Bilge pump for my CD22. It has been suggested that a diaphragm pump is the best selection.

can anyone suggest brand names or models and their pumping capacity that would be appropriate for this size boat?

many thanks,

hym
Bill Watson

Whale Gulper 220

Post by Bill Watson »

I just installed a Whale Gulper 220 as a small 12 V, self-priming diaphram bilge pump - mft describes it as small bilge pump, shower/galley waste pump. It has worked extremely well over the last 6 weeks in keeping the bilge dry, although as a relatively small volume output pump it of course will not keep up with large volumes of water coming into the bilge.
Peace and Fair Winds, Bill