CD25--right match for me?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Stan W.

$500 is high ...

Post by Stan W. »

to survey a 25 foot boat. When I had my survey done five years ago, the going rate was in the neighborhood of $13.00 per foot. I doubt it has gone up by more than 50% since then.
RHB
City Island, NY

Post by RHB »

Agreed. For what it's worth, my recent survey cost $420, or slightly less than $17 / foot; it was throughly professional in every respect. And in the NYC area, which I don't imagine to be the cheapest market for these services.
loneagle58

survey

Post by loneagle58 »

Check with several surveyors for price and reputation. Get recomendations from other boat owners in the area and as mention previously stated get a copy of his/her report on a similar vessel.

Kevin
Carter Brey
City Island, New York

RHB

Post by Carter Brey »

Hi, there-- I'm the other CD25 on City Island, moored about 100 yards off the sailing school. Neshoma used to be moored next to me. Nice boat, good choice.

Shoot me an electron sometime if you have any questions, or want to have a breathtaking 5 knot race to Execution Light and back.

No hurry; I'm out of the country until September 15.

Regards,
Carter Brey
RHB
City Island, NY

Carter

Post by RHB »

Hey Carter –

Yes, I’ve seen Mary Ellen out there beyond the dock, and she’s a beaut. Also met Tom last weekend (in the 99-degree loveliness) and perused his 20’ Pacific Seacraft -- a pretty little thing. It was too hot to sail (per the conventional wisdom), so everyone was kicking back in the yard, laughing at my attempts to rehab Neshoma’s wood and debating the relative (de)merits of the much-feted Cetol, which I’m removing in favor of a homebrew oil / poly combination… we’ll see how that works. There’s so much flaking and bare wood on her that I have to address it now. Then it’s on to mechanical matters, wiring, and all of that.

I’ll be up there every weekend from now on, so drop by and grab an El Presidente (foul stuff, goes with Cetol) when you’re around.

- Rob
Ed Norton

CD 25 For Sale

Post by Ed Norton »

FOR SALE
CAPE DORY 25

1980 Cape Dory 25 Hull # 745 (CPDE0745M80E)
I purchased the boat in May 1986.
Boat is in excellent shape
Bronze opening portholes
All teak in excellent shape, New Teak hatch boards
Stored indoors in winter
Mast replaced spring of 1987, to include all new turnbuckles on running rigging.
Sea Ranger VHF
Datamarine S-2000 Depth Sounder
Main with double reef points, and cover, excellent condition
Hank on head sails, Genoa and Jib Excellent condition
Spinnaker. No spinnaker pole
Steel cradle
New Halyards, topping lift 2003
Porta pottie
Anchor and rode
Fire Extinguisher
Flares
Mariner 8 HP outboard
2 - 6 gallon steel fuel tanks
New battery 2002
Bottomsider cockpit cushions (3)
Interior cushion slip covers
Porthole curtains
On the hard in Bayonne, N.J. Available for inspection any time
Asking $8,800.00

Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Short hauling

Post by Neil Gordon »

Don't forget the cost of a short haul as part of the survey process, unless the boat is on the hard.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Marc

CD25

Post by Marc »

I have a 1981 CD25 in Belfast Harbor that we are selling to upgrade to something with standing headroom. This is our first boat and we have never been sorry for our choice. If you are interested email me at mbhutch2@yahoo.com