Needed for MD7A-Fuel Feed Lines

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

dmetznik

Needed for MD7A-Fuel Feed Lines

Post by dmetznik »

The steel fuel feed lines from the pump to the injectors are weeping and need to be replaced. Tightening down on them does not work. My mechanic tells me that Volvo no longer makes or inventories them. Does anyone know where I can get a pair?

fuel lines

Post by Guest »

I suggest a hydraulic shop. Bring in the old and have them fabricate new ones.

Boyd
s/v Tern
CD30 MkII
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
wayne grenier

feed lines

Post by wayne grenier »

Your mechanic maybe misinformed-you need to try DiePetro International out of Rocky Hill Ct-do a web search or a board search-they are only one source for volvo motor parts-which are available-the board contains many other possible sources-some as far away as England but all accesible over the web-a hydraulics shop or a machine shop as suggested can fabricate the steel tubes-these are high pressure pipes and need to be done to spec-I suspect you may find they can be custom fabricated for less money than volvo will charge you for replacement parts but either way this probelm can be overcome-I suspect your mechanic does not want to spend the time doing the research -ask him what he suggests you do-see if he reccommends replacing the engine cause if he does you may wish to consider finding another mechanic-to date I have been able to find every part I need to keep my MD11 running-also-someone somewhere has a few parts motors with these pipes intact-in fact you maybe able to use the pipes from another model volvo? try Old Lyme Marina in Ct-they specialize in re-powering sailboats as well-they may have a junk motor -or even try a diesel shop-or a boat yard that does commercial fishing boat repairs--the critical factors are the dia of the pipe-the length and the threads at either end-which I assume would be metric knowing volvo-but let us know how you make out-cause sooner or later its going to happen to everybody-