Rigging Shop Recommendations

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Rigging Shop Recommendations

Post by Guest »

I am about to replace all of the standing rigging on my Cape Dory 26D. I have compared rigging prices and RiggingOnly seems to have some of the best prices around. Does anyone have any recommendations on rigging shops based on service and or price?

As always-thanks in advance.
Brian Johnson
CD 26D - Windstar
Wilmington, NC
mahalocd36

Rigging Only

Post by mahalocd36 »

Hi,
We have replaced all the standing rigging on Mahalo, as well as the lifelines, using Rigging Only. (1/2 one year, 1/2 the next). We also got our new furlers from them. (I think the owner was able to put in that new swimming pool LOL).

Nothing but great things to say about them. They are knowledgeable, helpful, prompt, answer their phone :-) and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. We did the staylok ends ourselves, but they can do the fittings for you. For the lifelines, we sent them the old ones, and they sent them back with the new ones built to our specifications. They were perfect.

Melissa
Dick Villamil

Rigging Only

Post by Dick Villamil »

:D I have nothing but praise for Rigging Only - made lifelines for my umm C&C 34 - fit perfectly and new halyards and forestay for my Typhoon - perfect. Phone support was excellent as well. Very pleasant people and knowledgeable - highly recommended.