Typhoon Weekender for Sale Massachusetts

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Joel

Typhoon Weekender for Sale Massachusetts

Post by Joel »

Typhoon Weekender for Sale

New main and jib - only used a few hours, paid over $1200 for sails
also older jib and main; genoa older but in good shape not used much
boat stands, GPS, lights, dinghy and oars if desired
New custom cockpit cushions, also all original cushions
some new rigging, new wood rail on one side, wood treated
older motor

Pictures available upon request
I live in SE Massachusetts

$3900
robert brown
Beverly, Ma.

where are you in Mass.

Post by robert brown »

might be interested in the new sails, if the boat does sell all together. sound like a good buy if the boat is in good sahepe
bostonmurray

Send Pics?

Post by bostonmurray »

Sound interesting. Can you post some pictures?
Joel

Post by Joel »

All right. I thought I had a lot more pictures, but they seem to have been eaten by my other pictures.

Sailing from Marion to Cuttyhunk:
http://home.comcast.net/~jmhartley/boat.jpg
The Last time I pulled the boat out, (before cleaning, sorry)
http://home.comcast.net/~jmhartley/image0001.jpg
Christian Sava

typhoon

Post by Christian Sava »

I saw the pictures. pretty little boat. Do you, by any chance have a trailer with the boat? I live up in Newburyport and think she would be a perfect compliment to our conditions up here. I would love to be able to transport her and store it on a trailer, however.

Christian
Tim Mertinooke

Newburyport Ty

Post by Tim Mertinooke »

Christian, Keep your eye out for my little Ty in Newburyport, I am out there most weekends. Its a perfect boat to sail in the Merrimack at high tide or to take out the river in the ocean. I posted a link a while back with pictures of my little Ty riding out that storm a couple weeks ago. Here it is again if you missed it. www.saillesson.com/Typhoon.html
CD26 #52
"Odyssey"
Joel

Re: typhoon

Post by Joel »

Christian Sava wrote:I saw the pictures. pretty little boat. Do you, by any chance have a trailer with the boat? I live up in Newburyport and think she would be a perfect compliment to our conditions up here. I would love to be able to transport her and store it on a trailer, however.

Christian
Sorry, I don't have a trailer. I was thinking of buying one, but I just had it hauled in and out by a local boat company here. It would save money in the long run to have a trailer, I suppose, but then there is the registration and upkeep and all.

Joel
Christian Sava

typhoon

Post by Christian Sava »

Tim,
Impressive pitures. I'm thinking that was taken from the AYC, am I right? She's riding it out like a trooper. solid little vessel, eh? I will definitely look for you this summer, if not from a sailboat then from my kayak. Still looking for the perfect daysailor. was close to buying a Wianno senior but thought better of it while looking down the barrel of our second child in august.
Happy sailing!

p.s., what's the wait time for new members at the AYC? any idea?

Cheers,

Christian
Tim Mertinooke

AYC

Post by Tim Mertinooke »

Christian, I believe the wait time for membership is about 5-7 years. That's the estimate that is given to those who are put on the waiting list this year. My parents have been members since 89' and my wife and I joined in 00'. It is a wonderful little club with lots of history. In fact it is the oldest continuous yacht club in America (est. 1883). Like any organization that consists of more than one person it has its politics, but I can't think of a better place to keep a boat. There is a real sense of family there. Tim
CD26 #52
"Odyssey"
christian sava

AYC

Post by christian sava »

Tim
I probably should get my act in gear and secure two signatues with my application and get it in. I would love to be a part of the club and participate with a little sweat equity.In five to seven years, the kids should be the perfect age o enjoy it.

cheers,
christian
ninefinger

Used sails

Post by ninefinger »

I would be interested in the old sails, as I am working on a weekender project for the kids.
Let me know what you think their value is.
Joel

Old Sails for Sale

Post by Joel »

I don't know what a reasonable price would be. As I mentioned, I paid over $1200 for the new main and jib. $350 for the old ones would be between 1/3 and 1/4 the new price. Does this seem reasonable? They worked fine but weren't the bright white color. I would want to keep the genoa to sell with the boat.

Joel
ronkberg

Typhoon in Mass

Post by ronkberg »

Hello, I live in the north of Boston on the rt 495 loop.

I would be interested in viewing your boat and wonder if we can make a plan?

Ron

Home email: ronkberg.home@verizon.net
Allan

Trailering Typhoon

Post by Allan »

Now that I have successfully trailered my Ty up here to the Newburyport area from Conn (see recent post "Home at last") I might be able to help a potential buyer transport a Ty around this area. Allan.
Stu Selip

Interested in knowing more about your cape dory

Post by Stu Selip »

Hello,

I'm down in East Hampton, NY and would appreciate pictures of your boat. Do you have some idea of how much a trailer would cost?

Kindly email me at sselip@burtongroup.com

Thanks,

Stu