Typhoon Trailer from (Sail-Trailers.com)?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jeff Sturm

Typhoon Trailer from (Sail-Trailers.com)?

Post by Jeff Sturm »

Finally getting around to finding a trailer for my Ty. I discovered these guys (Sail-Trailers.com) on the internet and got a quote from them tonight.

Sail-Trailers.Com

As usual with purchasing stuff like this over the internet, I'm nervous about it...Anyone had any dealings with these guys? They seem pretty straight forward and honest...But then again, a 50% deposit up front should always make one stop to think!?!?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Jeff S
Virginia Beach, VA
Ty #1271
JLovett

Can't offer advice, but am also interested in a Ty trailer

Post by JLovett »

If you have one made I would like to hear what you think.
Tim Mertinooke

Post by Tim Mertinooke »

I purchased a load-rite trailer last spring for $2200. The trailer is good quality, but my boat does not fit on it very well. I have drawn up modifications that I will do to it while the boat is on its mooring this summer. Once I make the modifications (total cost of materials will be about $200) the boat will fit perfect. I went with load-rite because when I purchased the boat it was six hours away from where I keep it now, and the marina it was at deals load-rite trailers. Good luck
CD26 #52
"Odyssey"

typhoon trailer

Post by Guest »

contact tom at tc-wright@comcast.net for possible lead on trailer.
MikeRPSU
"Orion"
Pearson 31
Manitowoc, WI

Loadmaster Trailers

Post by MikeRPSU »

I had a Ty Senior trailer built for me in 2000 by Loadmaster Trailer Co in Port Clinton, OH. Best experience I've had with a vendor. Polite, informative and best of all, they delivered on time. Prices were comparable with Triad and YES they too required a 50% deposit.

You might want to check them out.

Mike